Metro PCS: Samsung Galaxy S3 Finally Updated

Sonny1967

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Well after wondering and waiting for what seemed like forever my Metro PCS S3 was updated to 4.3 last night. I already see better battery life and the settings are a bit different. So far I don'thave any issues to complain about. On that note it'sonly been a couple hours so I'll report back in a few days after I've completely checked it out.

Posted with A Galaxy S3 Using the Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

jc0piiink

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: Metro PCS Samsung Galaxy S3 Finally Updated

Have you noticed anything bad with the update at all? I'm putting it off until I see a good review for it. I know the same update for different carriers have had problems.

Posted via Android Central App

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

Have you noticed anything bad with the update at all?
If you're at all interested in rooting your phone, loading alternate Recovery software or different ROMs, you should avoid the 4.3 update. If none of that is of interest to you then you may as well accept the inevitable and update it, then deal with any issues that may arise.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

Sonny1967

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

Well so far my keyboard was screwing up (Perfect Keyboard) I had to go back to the Samsung or Google one that came with the phone. The damn thing would go into caps mode randomly and quite often. Now that issue is no more but the cursor will randomly jump around. This still happens but not too often so I've just tolerated it. I've also experienced Chrome Browser Black outs. Theres an issue with the lock screen, When I unlock the screen with a swipe it will open random apps on its own and the lock screen icons are almost worthless. Other than that it's been pretty good. No battery drain. I've actually seen an improvement in battery life. Quite a bit too.
Oh yeah, The speakerphone will shut off randomly while in a cal. IF I think of anything else I'll post it.

Posted with A Galaxy S3 Using the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty