S3 battery instant charge problem

serunox

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Hey all, new here to the forum and need some advice.

Ive looked everywhere and couldnt find any problems similar to mine.

The battery discharges fine and when flat gives the "connect chager" message and when flat enough it switches off which is fine.Hing is when i plug it in to charge,its automaticalt up to 50%. I unplug it, switch it on and its 50%.

This power then lasts probably 30 mins and then switches of again due to a "flat" battery.I took the battery out,put it back and when switched on it shows 50% again.

Below is the screenshot of the battey.as seen at the end it drops,I plug it in and shoots up.This happend twice hence the two spikes.(not sure how to post pictures sorry)

http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab7/serunox/Screenshot_2014-04-23-21-04-23_zps78b1fe9a.png

The battey looks fine and not swollen,any ideas before I get a new battey or phone?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!

There's definitely something strange going on. How old is the battery?

You could try shutting the phone off completely and fully charging the battery, then power it up and see what happens.

BTW, it's not a good idea to constantly run down the battery; much better to throw some extra charge time in during the day (if possible, of course).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

serunox

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Thanks and thank you for the info.

The battery is 1 year old and started giving thos problem in the last 2 months.I noticed when it shuts off and I plug it in the charging screen shows a 50% full battery too.

Thanks for the tip,I always thought you need to run it down completely..oops.It charges fine when I charged it like that so Ill keep monitoring it :)

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the tip,I always thought you need to run it down completely..oops.
If you're interested you can find some good information at Battery University
It charges fine when I charged it like that so Ill keep monitoring it
It may return to normal usage if you baby it for awhile, but if the stats start getting whacky then it's probably time for a new battery.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Garymanchee

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Its the charger. Had same problem. Used amazon kindle charger and charged quickly and to 100 percent every time

Posted via Android Central App