I think I'done

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I have had my tab for a week and a half with 1 day left before my return is void. I have struggled with putting movies from itunes (m4v format) onto my tab so it can be played in an acceptable tab format. The tab does not play m4v files and my movie library is useless. I also struggled a bit transferring music but it has gotten a little better. I guess my main problem is I own a mac and only a mac and macs and anything other than an apple product DONT PLAY NICE.

I have also been experiencing alot of browser crashes and foreclosures. I dont know if its my tab or the Os. My tab was fine for the first week. This movie thing has really frustrated me. If I return the tab, I dont know if I will get an ipad as it will just work without issue with my mac or wait it out a bit, educate myself on mac compatability with non mac products and wait for ice cream. I am really disappointed with the issues im having and wish i was a bit more tech savvy. I love the widgets and customazations you can do with android but the other stuff is just a little cumbersome for me.

Either which way, a decision must be made tonight.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I downloaded a converter, followed the instructions and now cant find file that was transeferred to tab

ziggster

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
If your only computer is a Mac then your life will probably be easier with an ipad. That said, my 10.1 plays m4v files just fine. I couldn't transfer them from my Mac to my tab, so I went Mac-PC-tab.

If you have managed to get the m4v files onto your tablet, then Mojo media player with the proper codec should work just fine. If not, then the files are probably drm'd.

If you are a mac user obtaining all of your media from itunes, then the ipad is probably for you. At the end of the day it's all about which ecosystem you are comfortable with. :)

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
If your only computer is a Mac then your life will probably be easier with an ipad. That said, my 10.1 plays m4v files just fine. I couldn't transfer them from my Mac to my tab, so I went Mac-PC-tab.

If you have managed to get the m4v files onto your tablet, then Mojo media player with the proper codec should work just fine. If not, then the files are probably drm'd.

If you are a mac user obtaining all of your media from itunes, then the ipad is probably for you. At the end of the day it's all about which ecosystem you are comfortable with. :)
Finally got it to work. Downloaded a m4v converter, converted the file to mp4 and transfered to tab via Samsung kies beta. Located movie in the gallery and it played without a hitch. A bit of a hassle but I have some relief............FINALLY:)

slopokdave

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I think that your compatabiity will be better with the ipad2, but you may become bored after a while. I did, used to be an ipad2 owner.

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I transferred every ipad movie I have to my Tab, and they play perfectly without conversion. I don't have an ipad, but it's an easy setting to use on my dvd ripper, so that's the format I use. Act 1 Video Player does kick out a compatibility warning, but both it and the built in video player play m4v just fine.

tonysracing

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I transferred every ipad movie I have to my Tab, and they play perfectly without conversion. I don't have an ipad, but it's an easy setting to use on my dvd ripper, so that's the format I use. Act 1 Video Player does kick out a compatibility warning, but both it and the built in video player play m4v just fine.

So just to clarify...you're buying movies in iTunes and transferring them directly to the Tab and they play? If that's not the case, what is the source of the movie?? I can't get the Tab to play anything, and Handbrake crashes every time I try to convert.

ziggster

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
So just to clarify...you're buying movies in iTunes and transferring them directly to the Tab and they play? If that's not the case, what is the source of the movie?? I can't get the Tab to play anything, and Handbrake crashes every time I try to convert.

I've never purchased content through itunes, but I'm betting that at least the movies are drm'd (copy protected). If they are, they will probably never play on any pad (without itunes).

If you have a mac I would use Handbrake to rip DVD's, but you must have a way to get around the copy protection. Not trying to be a bad influence, but if you're using a Mac, donwload VLC media player and then rip with Handbrake. (That combo does not work on windows..only Mac os)

fjfisher601#AC

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I've never purchased content through itunes, but I'm betting that at least the movies are drm'd (copy protected). If they are, they will probably never play on any pad (without itunes).

If you have a mac I would use Handbrake to rip DVD's, but you must have a way to get around the copy protection. Not trying to be a bad influence, but if you're using a Mac, donwload VLC media player and then rip with Handbrake. (That combo does not work on windows..only Mac os)
dvd43 is a great program I use to RIP/ copy dvd's- it disables the copy protection software so other software can copy /convert ... easily found for free

Reactions: ziggster

ziggster

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
dvd43 is a great program I use to RIP/ copy dvd's- it disables the copy protection software so other software can copy /convert ... easily found for free

Thanks for that. The Mac is my wife's, and I haven't found anything to use with Win 7. Most of my 'workaround' software was on my recently departed XP machine :'(

tonysracing

May 10, 2011
Visit site

So are you running dvd43 in the background and then converting with Handbrake? Or are you using a seperate dvd ripper in betwen?