How to set Galaxy to disable mobile versions of Web sites?

MikeSp

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
On my Evo, it was easy to use settings to keep it from opening the Mobile Versions of Web sites but I, so far, am unable to determine how to do that with the Galaxy tab10.1

It is annoying to have a screen that large open a web site that has been shrunk and does not come close to what I see on my computer screen OR on my Evo.

Solutions/thoughts??

MikeSp

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
You have to type about debug. Every time or find a rom that enables full web. Its a downside of honeycomb. Plenty of info on it. This my largest gripe on honeycomb tablet.

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
In the address bar enter about:debug and click go.
Then go into settings and click debug. Then click ua string and select desktop. Now just enter about:debug and click enter again. Hope this helps!:)

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

ziggster

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
For some reason Samsung doesn't make it easy to use Desktop mode in their stock browser. You can use the about:debug settings, but I got tired of having to re-do it every other day.

The easiest thing to do is download Dolphin HD from the market. For me it has been a very stable, smooth browser.

Stardate Tab 10.1

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Its not Samsung its Google's browser and its like this on every honeycomb tablet.
For some reason Samsung doesn't make it easy to use Desktop mode in their stock browser. You can use the about:debug settings, but I got tired of having to re-do it every other day.

The easiest thing to do is download Dolphin HD from the market. For me it has been a very stable, smooth browser.

ziggster

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Its not Samsung its Google's browser and its like this on every honeycomb tablet.

I returned an Asus Transformer a couple of months ago, and the stock browser had an option in the settings menu to select the user agent string. Maybe the mfgs use their own 'special sauce' in the browsers.

Stardate Tab 10.1

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Yes, it does say desktop, the problem is that everytime you fire up the browser it defaults back to loading mobile sites. You have to do the about:debut and browser settings every time. Dolphin HD for me.

millemots

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm on unrooted Touchwiz with the latest patch. When I type about:debug in the address bar, nothing happens. This is a WiFi-only unit. Has Samsung disabled the settings in the browser?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk