Thinking.....no i am getting the galaxy tab

smurfette8202

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Ok so i want to get the galaxy tab......but is it only offered through verizon?! Does at&t offer it also. I love verizon but their data is too expensive!

Last edited:

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I have wifi only version, there is available wifi everywhere and when there is not i use hotspot from my phone. Love this tablet

EVO - LUTION 3D

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Ok so i want to get the galaxy tab......but is it only offered through verizon?! Does at&t offer it also. I love verizon but their data is too expensive!

I would recommend getting the Asus Transformer Prime. As much as I love my Galaxy Tab, the Transformer is essentially the same price but has a quad core processor (and ICS).

YBCold

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I would recommend getting the Asus Transformer Prime. As much as I love my Galaxy Tab, the Transformer is essentially the same price but has a quad core processor (and ICS).

I Understand that you may like the Asus, but I think she was looking for a Galaxy Tab. Not an Asus.

Go sell someone else on that piece of junk!

Last edited:
Reactions: Jude526

smurfette8202

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
well i learned that with verizon you could get a pre paid data package! i like that option.....this way i won't be stuck on a contract! and the prepaid package is a bit cheaper!

tsak6789

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Where do you plan on using it? If you're in a wifi hot spot, then who cares about the data?
How much are they trying to sell it to you for?

Moegitto

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
well i learned that with verizon you could get a pre paid data package! i like that option.....this way i won't be stuck on a contract! and the prepaid package is a bit cheaper!

Verizon has the highest pre-paid rates this side of the globe. I suggest you go get the wi-fi model, and then get a pre paid mifi/hotspot. I don't know you exact location but Cricket has horrible devices but awesome service, you can order their stuff online for $100 cheaper than in store, not be tied into a contract, and still be portable on the go for cheap. There are a number of choices other than going Verizon (yuck), you can tether your phone, get a hotspot, or just give going all wi-fi a try. :cool:

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I have had this wifi tablet for nearly a month now and I don't have hotspot on my phone at the moment. 5 months ago when I got my first tab before I sold it I had the hotspot but never needed it much, so this time around I want to see how long I can go without it. So far I have not needed it, there is wifi hotspot everywhere. Wifi only is the way to go unless you live in an area that is lacking hotspots. Even if I'm not near a public hotspot there seems to be always someone within range with a open network, why people don't password protect I have no clue but hey, I'm not complaining. Lol.

Galaxy tab 10.1

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I am anxiously awaiting for mine to arrive. Like a kid on her birthday. I got mine new on eBay. I have the mifi internet with Verizon. I have it password secured so no one can tap into it. Not letting someone use my data.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Just get a wifi tablet. I have Verizon and I have their wifi for my internet. I have my laptop as well. Can use up to 5 devices on it. If I am where there is free wifi no worries. But o am glad I chose the wifi only tab. My internet is 4g. Works well. And when on free wifi works well too. It can't be beat

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk