YouTube app keeps force closing

Cowchip

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Every time that I try to click on a video in the YouTube app to watch the app force closes. I dont recall updating any other apps since the last time I used my Tab, I've restarted the Tab, and also cleared the cache of the YouTube app but it still force closes when attempting to watch any video.

Any suggestions?

rockcrawler

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
No suggestions, but you are not alone. It is happening to me as well. Looking forward to getting this resolved as YouTube is one of my 3 most used apps on my Tab.

BTW, I did take a firmware update recently and can't say for sure that I have tried youtube since, until now that is.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

sparrrow

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
Also just started happening to me tonight on my acer a100 with honeycomb. No idea what is causing it because it was working last night and now it's not. Haven't changed anything. I tried clearing app data and cache through settings and rebooting. No bueno. Anyone have any other ideas?

Two-Thumber

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
Must be a tablet thing. Started hapening to me today, been looking for a fix everywhere and happened onto this thread. i have removed all kind of apps and no luck, it starts to buffer then stops and i get a force close..only youtube ...will keep looking for answers and post them if i find anything

sparrrow

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
Just realized my att uverse app is doing the same thing when i try to stream a tv show. Also I CAN watch youtube from the browser, though it's useless since it doesn't prevent standby...

georgedeme

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
Same here on a samsung tablet running honeycomb. Since this morning all youtube viewing attemts I have made force close the appication. Which is a bummer as I need it for my daughter's birthday .... If anyone finds a solution please contact (george.deme@gmail.com) :':)'(

mason.112209

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Started doing it yesterday on my thrive, my phone was working but now seems to be f/c as well. I find it strange that I couldn't find and info on Google but yahoo is full of reports.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Force close everytime on my samsung tablet but works fine on evo 3d. Correction, was working fine on evo 3d. Now not.

EVO - LUTION 3D

vs_infinity

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
Youtube app force close everytime i open it to watch, it just buffer for a second and force close,this problem has been happening since this morning and it is not the problem of our device or a firmware update,i found that the others are having this problem too,guys if you are having this issue just send report to the developer of the youtube app,hope the developer can resolve this issue soon.

Cowchip

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Misery loves company it appears.

Ytube is still working on my EVO although it is rooted. Not sure if that has anything to do with it but I figured I'd throw that out there.

Thanks for the replies and I hope it gets fixed soon!

zoyano

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Was having this problem and thought it was due to the firmware upgrade so I hadn't tried it since. BUt since everyone said it seems to be fixed now I tried again just now and it's working fine, so I agree it must have been a YouTube problem. Thanks!

BroBryce2009

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I am having force closes on my Photon 4G, but only when I go to UPLOAD a video. I used it to do this last week with no problem, but that was before I rooted the phone and added bootstrap recovery. Today I'm on a mission to re--flash the phone, test it, then root it, test it, bootstrap, test it, etc to see what the core cause of the problem is.

I know that I've used Titanium Backup to freeze some of my bloatware apps that came on the phone (Sprint) but I am pretty sure I only froze apps that were not essential to these functions.

Only time (and a lot of hacking) will tell :)

Running stock Android 2.3.4

BroBryce2009

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
It's the latest update. Go to your settings>Manage Applications>ALL>YouTube and uninstall updates.

Fixed mine. Don't install the latest version of the app until they fix the issue.

BroBryce2009

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87