Just installed the Swype keyboard...pretty awesome!

accordngs

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Just like the title says....I've already been using it on my evo and just downloaded the beta from the swype website. Makes typing much faster and easier for me and you can alert the size to your preference between large and small. Pretty cool.. So check it out if you are interested.

Jarllax

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I installed swype on my tab and did like it quite a bit but I find Thumb Keyboard to work better for most all applications. You can adjust almost all the layout settings to work for your own preferences so that the keyboard is split to each side of the screen for easier typing.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the tip. I just installed it as well. Wish it had double tap for periods at the end of a sentence.

+1 for Thumb Keyboard also.

dlord369

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the tip. I just installed it as well. Wish it had double tap for periods at the end of a sentence.

+1 for Thumb Keyboard also.

It should have that. I installed it last night and I think its in the settings. I can't say enough good things about thumb keyboard. The default SGT keyboard has a terrible lag and even the stock HC one has a pretty bad lag on the Tab. This keyboard is rock solid. It was on sale last night for 50% off. Not sure if its still on sale but I would def pay full price for it if I had to. Soooooooooo worth it.

jasonmh26

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I installed Thumb Keyboard a couple of days ago and love it. You can change between the standard layout and a split layout that works great for typing when holding the tablet. Love how you don't have to change screens to get to the numbers also.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
It should have that. I installed it last night and I think its in the settings. I can't say enough good things about thumb keyboard. The default SGT keyboard has a terrible lag and even the stock HC one has a pretty bad lag on the Tab. This keyboard is rock solid. It was on sale last night for 50% off. Not sure if its still on sale but I would def pay full price for it if I had to. Soooooooooo worth it.

I've gone through the settings. Double tap to add a period does not seem to be an option.

ricosuave

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I love swift key on my Epic but didn't like it on the 10.1 b/c the keyboard is scrunched up (maybe not yet optimized for tablet format).

Swype wasn't working out for me on the 10.1. When I try to swype words, sometimes it will think I'm tapping and just tap random keys along the way and not fully swype a full word, VERY ANNOYING.

So far, I'm displeased with all the keyboard options on the tab. I'm going to have to give this Thumb Keyboard a try.

Cowchip

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I just installed Thumb Keyboard and even though the option to insert a period after double tapping the space key is enabled, it doesn't work. I also installed it on my EVO but it does work there.

Unfortunately there was no increase over the stock or Samsung keyboards in typing speed when entering posts on message boards such as this.

ricosuave

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I just installed thumb keyboard and all I can say is wow. It's amazing. Great find guys. Hi. I just tested tge double space period and it works fine. I think you can set which keyboard works for the double space period so you may have to tell it to work on both left and right split space bar.

This blows swype away...

Sauk

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Both the swype and thumb keyboard are very nice. Thanks for the suggestion

Dirrk

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I have had swype installed since I got the device and I was impressed at first but I must admit whentyping on forums like this it is very annoying because it hardly works in landscape and typing passwords online never seems to work. I have not tried the thumb keyboard yet but I may give it a try. I did however buy the samsung keyboard accs and it is amazing. It instantly works with the device and is very nice to use. The only problems I see with it is the price and the fact that it does not include an extra charger with it.

Cowchip

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I've tried all kinds of settings and still can't get the period to work. Might try reinstalling.

Other than that minor issue it is a very handy keyboard.

sdesocio

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Swiftkey has a vip beta out for the tablet that is amazing. It took me about three tweets to get invited. Its amazing - Even has a split keyboard option. Free and amazing.

accordngs

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I just installed the thumbs keyboard as well. I am going back and forth testing them both out. I am enjoying thumbs a lot as well. It seems like it has the least lag when compared to the other keyboards.

ricosuave

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Pooh the swiftkey one looks nice. I really liked swiftkey on my phone but the biggest reason was the smart learning logic and language pattern prediction engine. So far thumb keyboard seems to have very similar capabilities. Except for that pooh at the beginning of my post :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87