Yet another question...

RkyMtnHigh

Banned
Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
So I emailed an epub to my tab and when it shows up and I click on the attachment it says no program found to use this file or something like that. I have Ereader software installed. Is there a way to make the tab recognize its there?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

sdesocio

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
download aldiko and open it and go to import from SD (thats just the name of the button) then look for the download location. It might be an encoding issue.

nalpakj

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I have the nook app from barnesAndNoble and in their documentation it says you should be able to just drop an ePub file into the MyDocuments folder under the Nook folder and it will find it but it's not working for me.

RkyMtnHigh

Banned
Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
download aldiko and open it and go to import from SD (thats just the name of the button) then look for the download location. It might be an encoding issue.

That's the one I use and it imports fine. The problem is when I email a file the tab doesn't know how to handle the file so it won't let me touch the attachment at all even though its there, with an epub extension. Email yourself an epub file to your tab and you'll see what I'm talking about.

sdesocio

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
That's the one I use and it imports fine. The problem is when I email a file the tab doesn't know how to handle the file so it won't let me touch the attachment at all even though its there, with an epub extension. Email yourself an epub file to your tab and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Trying using dropbox instead and see if you have the same problem - dropbox is free btw.

RkyMtnHigh

Banned
Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Downloaded to the books folder instead of the ebooks folder where aldiko looks..no biggie...its going back to bb tomorrow. It's easier to move stuff around on my phone...that's just wrong...lol

indianajonze

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I have the nook app from barnesAndNoble and in their documentation it says you should be able to just drop an ePub file into the MyDocuments folder under the Nook folder and it will find it but it's not working for me.

it works. after you put it into your nook folder you need to use the dropdown menu in the upper left corner of the app and choose "my library" or something like that (sorry its not in front of me at the moment). your imported epub files will show up there