Case that allows access to all ports?

PRW94

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Have decided to buy a Tab 2. Yes, I know there's a Tab 3, but this is going to be my first tablet, I can get a refurb Tab 2 from Walmart dirt cheap and I don't want to put any more money than I have to into it at the start just to make sure I'm going to like using a tab. I want a Tab 2 rather than the Nexus 7 first-gen's everyone is dumping because of that new model because I want the expandable storage (which I want for media storage, not for apps, honestly I'm probably going to have far fewer apps than the average tab user on there, I'm looking at this more as a web-browsing/media playing device than anything, although I am planning to have a goodly number of apps, just not in the hundreds).

I'm very anal about keeping my electronic gear pristine, so I'm looking for a good case for this. I know choice No. 1 is the Otterbox, but to me that's a non-starter because my understanding is that the Micro SDHC card slot is covered by it, and my plan is to have multiple memory cards with different things on there that I can change out, and I'm not inclined to remove an Otterbox every time I do that. So, I know there have been a jillion inquiries about cases, sorry to add another one, but I'm looking for recommendations of cases that (1.) offer the best protection while (2.) leaving all ports uncovered. The cost is not as important to me as the protection, although if I can find a cheap case that meets this criteria I'll of course consider it. Thanks in advance for any help!

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Do a search on Ebay for "Galaxy Tab 2 case". You can see what is available! Most cases have access for all ports and most can be cut to suit! Lot of stuff available and you can see it all on Ebay, even if you do not purchase your case from there!

PRW94

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Do a search on Ebay for "Galaxy Tab 2 case". You can see what is available! Most cases have access for all ports and most can be cut to suit! Lot of stuff available and you can see it all on Ebay, even if you do not purchase your case from there!

Thanks ... I know what's available on eBay, have bought tons of stuff there ... I also have dealt with cases for electronic gear that "weren't quite right," am familiar with the use of Dremel tools to try to make them right and open up ports that weren't quite opened up ... but I'm just feeling especially lazy right now, and the point of my question was is there some specific case, to the exclusion of all other cases, where I can pay my money, snap it on the tablet and be done with it, and have it work perfectly WITHOUT having to do any reaming or drilling to open up ports? Surely there is one that somebody knows about.

mike21222

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
The best case hands down is the gumdrop. I have had otterboxes and they are okay but the gumdrop provides better protection yet looks better and is easier to take off and on. The sd media port is not open on it though. If you really need to do like daily removals your going to have to stick with a folio style case. But I think you should at b last check out the gumdrops.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks ... I know what's available on eBay, have bought tons of stuff there ... I also have dealt with cases for electronic gear that "weren't quite right," am familiar with the use of Dremel tools to try to make them right and open up ports that weren't quite opened up ... but I'm just feeling especially lazy right now, and the point of my question was is there some specific case, to the exclusion of all other cases, where I can pay my money, snap it on the tablet and be done with it, and have it work perfectly WITHOUT having to do any reaming or drilling to open up ports? Surely there is one that somebody knows about.

Myself I bought a something more like a travel case. Has a zipper and I just use it when I carry the tablet from place to place. When I am at home or wherever I am at, I typically don't worry about dropping it.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

alimarie1331

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I have a frameless case that I absolutely love. I've tried quite a few cases and this is perfect (for me). If you're looking for something specifically Otterbox-like, this isn't the one for you. Currently it's only one cent with $5 shipping, which I cannot understand because the quality is excellent. Real leather, a strap to hold it closed and a horizontal/vertical kickstand. It's "frameless" because it's actually held in by a sticky-pad. Sounds horrible and like an accident waiting to happen--but the adhesion is unreal. I needed to take it off to turn the tab and it was almost impossible--I ended up setting it in the sun for a few minutes and even then it was difficult. When I did get it off it left no residue. I turned the tab and it stuck right back on. Having no frame is great--the only problem is they didn't put an opening for the camera. I thought of making one myself, but I don't use it so didn't bother. Highly recommend.

Amazon.com : Accessorise Frameless Dual-View 100 Percent Premium Genuine Leather Folio cover case-Magenta : Touch Screen Tablet Computer Cases : Computers & Accessories