Galaxy Tab 3 7" - Is it a good tablet????

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Galaxy Tab 3 7" Is it a good tablet????

Oh I didnt realise you can use a 64gb card. Though I think I will only get an 8gb or 16gb as thats more than enough for the kids.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using AC Forums mobile app

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

Oh I didnt realise you can use a 64gb card. Though I think I will only get an 8gb or 16gb as thats more than enough for the kids.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using AC Forums mobile app

Yea, the GT3 is 16GB, if the kids are the only users than there's no real need for a lot of extra storage.

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

By the way, there's also a cool feature to keep the kids from downloading stuff etc...

You can create an owner account for you and then an account for your kid. You can add more accounts if you want, a la Windows! :thumbup::cool:

In my case, my account has a lock screen and my son's account doesn't. From mine I can turn on or off the mobile data and manage other things.

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site

By the way, there's also a cool feature to keep the kids from downloading stuff etc...

You can create an owner account for you and then an account for your kid. You can add more accounts if you want, a la Windows! :thumbup::cool:

In my case, my account has a lock screen and my son's account doesn't. From mine I can turn on or off the mobile data and manage other things.

Ah cool. Whats the name of the app if it is an app. i will have a look. The tab i have is only 8gb wifi. So hence why i was going to get sd card to put music and photos on so that the remaining storage (about 4gb) is left just for apps. As i have mentioned before i have over 60 apps on my phone (s3) and its just slightly over 1gb. I doubt very much the kids will have that many apps on the tab.
thanks for your suggestions.:)

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

Ah cool. Whats the name of the app if it is an app. i will have a look. The tab i have is only 8gb wifi. So hence why i was going to get sd card to put music and photos on so that the remaining storage (about 4gb) is left just for apps. As i have mentioned before i have over 60 apps on my phone (s3) and its just slightly over 1gb. I doubt very much the kids will have that many apps on the tab.
thanks for your suggestions.:)

It's not an app, it's a feature in the settings.

Sent From My Galaxy Tab 3

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

Here you go:

Attachments

• 1384081903315.jpg
    1384081903315.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 34

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site

I purchased this little gem, from Sprint the day after it was announced, and have to say I LOVE it. I started with the $5 data plan, but 100mb is really REALLY nothing. I switched to the 15/2gb plan. The intro cost was the selling point for me, because I did want a portable/network based tablet. I have been using a tablet for a few years but the Acer Iconia I have is only wifi. We travel acrosss the state of FL from Orlando to St Pete every 2 weeks, and I wanted access for that. I also wanted to use it as like a centinel for seeing where I could pick up LTE. I can get it most of the way across the middle of the state.

I find the little tablet very easy to use, the screen is bright, the speed is fast and I love that it has the Micro SD card slot. I keep a 32gb card it it for movies and tv shows to take with me.

IF you know you will only be using it wifi, then the $5 data plan will make the total cost of the device still cheaper than buying one outright.

Overall Im very happy with my tab 3 and glad I got it :)

Hope that helps

It is also Samsung, so ya, you get some of the bloatware, but it really doesnt get in my way, I have my homescreens set as I need them, and it works out very well.

Mark Zagotti

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

There is one feature that I noticed you can do on this tab that you can't do on others, move apps to the sd card. I use apps2sd and I moved games to my SD card. My old 7.0 Plus tab didnt do that and I am still using the same micro sd card in my new tab.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

weknsmith

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site

But I think the Tab 3 is thinner, isn't it?
And it would have data with my carrier.

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!

Personally, I would not have purchased a WiFi Galaxy Tab 3 7.0. I would have instead picked up the Nexus 7. The only reason I got the Sprint Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 was because of the $50 purchase price.

WordPainter

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site

Sounds like an excellent deal but I vastly prefer the 8 inch model. You wouldn't think the extra inch makes a big difference but it does. It's the perfect size. I already have a wireless hotspot from Sprint with 6GB of data month so I am golden. :)

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

It's all about our own different needs. My wife and I already have a PalmPad each, so we didn't really need another tablet in the house.
But free, and to keep the kids entertained? That's a great deal! :thumbup::D
My boy is only 3 years old, so a tablet this size is perfect! :thumbup::cool:

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

BTW, was someone here or another thread saying they couldn't get the insurance from Sprint for this tablet?

I do have it, I'm just trying to decide if it's worth it. :what:

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site

Got the red book cover in the mail today for my Sprint Tab 3. I'm liking it. Different than the white.

Wow my PlayBook is slimy looking. Didn't realize till after I posted the pic.

Attachments

• 20131115_144852.jpg
    20131115_144852.jpg
    509.5 KB · Views: 38
  • 20131115_144830.jpg
    20131115_144830.jpg
    490.7 KB · Views: 39

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

Got the red book cover in the mail today for my Sprint Tab 3. I'm liking it. Different than the white.

Wow my PlayBook is slimy looking. Didn't realize till after I posted the pic.

That looks good. How much was the cover for the Tab 3?
I've been thinking about getting one.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

There isnt a better 7" tab than the nexus really

Sent from my SM-T217S using AC Forums mobile app

Everyone has different needs.

I got this tablet because it was free and I needed data with it for my kids.

So far it has proven to be a great asset.

I've never had a Nexus 7 so don't know if it's better.

But for my needs and not paying for it anything up front, it definitely makes it the best choice for my family.
👍😆

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site

Yes, in another thread someone suggested talkatone from the play store. I've used it already and works pretty good off your Google Voice number, if you have one. :thumbup::cool:

I understand that also magic jack will work, I have magic jack at home, I'll test it tomorrow.

I've had better luck with SparePhone than Talkatone. YMMV.

Magic Jack's app is a battery hog but I haven't used it in a while so maybe they updated the app.

Mark Zagotti

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

I cancelled the insurance. Between the case I have for it and a second carry case that I have, it is well protected.

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

I cancelled the insurance. Between the case I have for it and a second carry case that I have, it is well protected.

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app

What cases do you have?
Can you post pictures please?
I've been thinking about getting one but don't know which one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fox2024