Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 - screen mirroring incompatible TV :(

Misanthropy83

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi

I've had a Samsung galaxy tab 3 for about a month. I have a Samsung UE37D5000 LED TV and a Samsung BD-E6100 3d smart blu ray player.
I would really love to be able to send videos from my tablet to view on my tv but I understand that neither my tv or blu ray player is compatible with screen mirroring.
My blu ray player is connected to the internet but my tv isn't as it said I needed a Samsung LAN adaptor.
I currently use blinkbox for movies and will be using lovefilm and netflix as have been offered month free trials for both.
I would like to know if I can't do screen mirroring wireless whether I can do it wired via Samsung's wifi dongle although it says it is for smart tv's although it mentions DNLA and on the back of the box of my tablet says its DNLA compatible
or alternatively buy a HDMI adaptor or how about google chromecast although I have heard its just googleplay, netflix and youtube and the latter two I have as apps on my blu ray player.
It would be nice if I could do screen mirroring without having to buy a new tv as the one I have is only about 2 1/2 years old.
Last thing is my blu ray player has all share play not all share cast but it recognises my tablet and so does my laptop even though its not a Samsung as I can send the audio and music to it via bluetooth
Thanks for reading and hope someone can help me