What browser is more secure

Mojave

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I have the Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 tablet and I want to use it to pay my bills thru my bank. The tablet came with Internet browser and the Chrome browser. I also have just downloaded the Firefox browser (which is what I use on my pc). Which would be the more secure browser for paying my bills on my tablet. This is my first tablet and I have never used one before. Thank you! :)

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I would use Chrome but I feel both are secure. Does your bank offer an Android application? That would be your best bet to be honest.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Thank you brosko and Eclipse2K!! Will look into that.

Most major banks such as Citi, Chase, Bank of America have applications. Local banks of big enough may have an application but that's a long shot. Let us know if you found the application even if you prefer not to give the bank name out for security reasons. :)

Mojave

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Most major banks such as Citi, Chase, Bank of America have applications. Local banks of big enough may have an application but that's a long shot. Let us know if you found the application even if you prefer not to give the bank name out for security reasons. :)

Hi Eclipse2K,
Yes I found the bank app for my bank. Problem is it won't open and it then crashes.

Mojave

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Uninstall the app. Reboot tablet. Install again. I've seen issues with Citi before but never Discover or Chase.

Hi Eclipse2K,

Ok. Will give your suggestion a try....but how do I "reboot" my tablet? When I hold the power button to power if off I get 3 options. 1. Power off 2. airplane mode. 3. Restart. Is it the restart I want to do? Is that considered a "reboot' on my tab 3 10.1 tablet? Sorry for the dumb question.....I'm new to the Android system and the tablet.

Last edited:

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Either restart, or shut down. If you select restart tablet will shut off the turn on again automatically. If you select shutdown tablet will shutdown and you will have to turn it back on. I dont know if it is jusg in my head or not but I have always had more luck with shutdown and waiting a few minutes then turning on again. Seems like it does a more thorough reboot? That's what I would do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty