SD Card Dead

jnichols16

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
There was a Notifications Message today "SD Card Was Suddenly Removed".

Removed and re-inserted, got "Mount SD". It wouldn't mount.

Tried in my computer, got "No Media".

Tried inserting a spare SD Card in the Tab 3, it works perfectly.

That's the first SD Card I've ever seen go bad.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Maybe that's the problem. I don't think that patriot is a very good brand of cards. It also doesn't help that it's 5 years old edgier. Maybe try a San disk card, they are supposed to be pretty good.

talos2

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Maybe that's the problem. I don't think that patriot is a very good brand of cards. It also doesn't help that it's 5 years old edgier. Maybe try a San disk card, they are supposed to be pretty good.

Not so sure, I had a Sandisk 32gb go dead on me last month with a supposedly 5 year Gtee when I tried to claim they didn't want to know, said it was probably a clone,

KiLuMaNaTi

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
It might not help but try inserting the card into a different tab or phone. It happened with my 32gb SanDisk card and I was able to get it working again by reformatting and repairing it in my phone.

Posted via Android Central App

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
This happened to me last week with my Note 3. It was a Lexar 16GB that was a few years old.
Message came up saying SD was suddenly removed. Wouldn't work in any of our devices. So I inserted it in the computer, did a recover, got a total of three pictures and a bunch of album art off of it. Formatted it and now it seems to be working.
Regardless, that has now become a spare media only card. Picked up a 64GB SanDisk. Amazon.ca has them going for $48 so I went to futureshop and they price matched it for me. Too easy!

Sent from my ballin Tab 3 using Tapatalk

bluedragon1971

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I had a sandisk 32g card that had the same symptoms. I tried it on 2 seperate pc's. Neither one even detected it.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Mobile Nations mobile app

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Samsung devices don't play well with Non-Samsung SD cards. I just had a Patriot card fried by my GTab 3 7.0 and a Sandisk destroyed by my GNote 2. I had to buy a Samsung SD card for my Gnote2 and I had a spare Samsung for my tablet.

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I keep saying it, only buy cards with a good reputation in Galaxy phones or the GoPro HD Hero 3. A sturdy and high speed card such as genuine Samsung or Sandisk PRO or equivalent. Mere Sandisk Extreme is a timebomb in any device that actually sees intensive writing, such as video recording or copying lots of music and files. They run fast until they burn out.

jnichols16

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Update!!!!

I had a Patriot 16GB that I bought together with the first one in my Galaxy S4 phone -- Guess what !!
It took a dump this morning. Not even recognized by Windows Disk Manager. No way to initialize or try to bring back to life.

Replaced it with a SanDisk Ultra, that one is working now.

Funny, I have a much older Sony 128MB thumb drive that still works great.
Only problem is, it's way too small for today's large files.
I keep it for a conversation piece, along with some floppy disks and zip disks.

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Update!!!!

I had a Patriot 16GB that I bought together with the first one in my Galaxy S4 phone -- Guess what !!
It took a dump this morning. Not even recognized by Windows Disk Manager. No way to initialize or try to bring back to life.

Replaced it with a SanDisk Ultra, that one is working now.

Funny, I have a much older Sony 128MB thumb drive that still works great.
Only problem is, it's way too small for today's large files.
I keep it for a conversation piece, along with some floppy disks and zip disks.

.....because the slower flash is also huge and sturdy. Or like the Samsung EVO drives: bulk TLC flash (like most microSD memory) writable 3500 times, plus a small cache of SLC flash that's a hundred times faster and a thousand times sturdier. Only 12GB of the enterprise grade memory can still buffer more total writes than the 1TB bulk flash may withstand, including buffered rewrites and write combining.

This is also why Pro cards cost more, they should have MLC flash instead of TLC which means more speed, reliability and endurance.

RC Ricci

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
out of nowhere, after the latest lollipop update 2 days ago, 32Gb sandisk sd card 'unexpectedly removed' phone was sitting on my desk untouched...now the card is unreadable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress