Want to use a MIFI on Tab 3

anon(8630322)

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
We travel by rail quite a bit and I would like to use my Galaxt Tab 3. I bought a mifi with Vodafone SD card in it from Argos, but couldn't set it up (???), the months data has now expired. Ideally I would like to buy (if not free) a sim for the mifi and have another go. I don't want a rolling contract, just something that gives a small amount of data for the journey.

Have a smart phone with very small amount of data on it and don't know how to tether anyway, nor do I want to go along this route.

Does anyone have a similar set-up please.

techitrucker

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Open the cover on the Mifi. There is a sticker with the password for it there. Just turn on the Mifi, turn Wi-Fi on on your tablet and then pick the router name thats on the sticker from the list that presents itself on your tablet. When it prompts you enter the password. Easy. You should only need to do this once. It will connect automatically after the initial setup.

Armadillo, the other white meat.

anon(8630322)

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Open the cover on the Mifi. There is a sticker with the password for it there. Just turn on the Mifi, turn Wi-Fi on on your tablet and then pick the router name thats on the sticker from the list that presents itself on your tablet. When it prompts you enter the password. Easy. You should only need to do this once. It will connect automatically after the initial setup.

Armadillo, the other white meat.

Well young man, you certainly made that sound easy. I will report back and let you know how I progress. Might not get out today to buy SIM, but as they say, watch this space, thanks.

Made some progress in as much as I've now got the mifi on charge as no doubt it is down after several months.

Last edited: