Even after trying several methods, Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 wont turn on or charge

elmo_french

Jun 17, 2016
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 that I just received in South Korea. Now that I'm back in the US, I've tried charging it with a North American charger and no luck. The screen is black. I went on Youtube and found a tutorial on resetting the battery (popping the back of the case off and then unplugging and reconnecting the battery wire connector) but even by doing this three or four times, I am getting no response. What I did not realize is that I should have used plastic (and better yet, Samsung's tool kit) instead of a metal hairpin, screwdriver, and even a wooden toothpick to prop off the case (which also rendered several small cracks on the screen) and lift the wires, but was not aware until it was too late. In the process of snapping the wire connector back onto the dashboard, I chipped off a piece of plastic on one of the wire connector's edges, but closely examined that piece and the area it came off of; it did not chip off any metal... I have plugged my device into the wall, into my Mac, used another charger, pressed the home screen and power buttons simultaneously, but no luck. Does it sound like I may have broken my device, or is there still hope? If the device can still work, what should I do?