Fastest browser?

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
For the most part I'm loving my new Samsung Galaxy 8.9 inch WiFi tab But there are just a couple of things that are bugging me about it. I've tried just about every browser there is and they all seem pretty slow compared to the iPad browser. Browsing is my main function for a tablet but my wife and kids love everything else including the games and video chat.

Everything else about the tablet is great but the browsing still seems to be lagging. The only other app that doesn't work very well is a free game called dodgeball. It seems to operate at about half speed and stutters badly. I really don't want to return it to best buy and take a $35 restocking fee but the browsing needs to be pretty smooth and quick to be a keeper. What is everyone else experiencing for the browser?

WAldenIV

MacGyver Wannabe
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Dolphin for Pad is the fastest I've used. Dolphin HD is my main browser, though. The iPad seems faster because it's not loading the full site and doesn't have flash. I will happily sacrifice a few seconds to surf the full web as it was intended.

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
But it's slower on every site I've tried, not just sites with flash. Maybe I'll disable flash completely and experiment with different browsers.

bdfull3r

May 11, 2011
Visit site
On honeycomb 3.1 and 3.2 dolphin browser. In one of the ICS ROMs available for the wifi tegra 2 model. Stock. The stock ICS browser is really impressive

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm not going to root this one. I've rooted everything else and the wife hates it when I change everything up all the time. I'll just wait for ICS to roll out.....

I wonder why Dodgeball runs so slowly though.

WAldenIV

MacGyver Wannabe
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm not going to root this one. I've rooted everything else and the wife hates it when I change everything up all the time. I'll just wait for ICS to roll out.....

I wonder why Dodgeball runs so slowly though.

I'm sure the app isn't optimized for Honeycomb.

richardpaul

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
The following are some of best web browsers for tablet:

-Opera Mini Web Browser
-Dolphin Browser HD
-Maxthon Android Web Browser
-xScope Browser

Last edited: