Disable Vibration Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4

marcosmg

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I would like to disable the vibration when I shutdown the device and the vibration all together. Can someone help me please?
I Called Samsung and they said it can not be disabled.

Best Regards

joostab

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
How stupid is that!?

I received my Tab Pro last week and loving it. Fast, light, great display... just a great tablet.
But that buzzer... I like to use it to read books when I'm in bed. Using FB reader in nightmode. Lights are off, everything silent so my wife can happily go to sleep. But whenever an email arrives, a Facebook update occurs or anything else in the notification area comes up the thing starts to buzz!
Why can't I shut it down?

debonu

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Yeah that is kind of surprising. My old gtab 10.1 used to have a fully silent function. Not sure why they didn't put that in this version.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
How stupid is that!?

I received my Tab Pro last week and loving it. Fast, light, great display... just a great tablet.
But that buzzer... I like to use it to read books when I'm in bed. Using FB reader in nightmode. Lights are off, everything silent so my wife can happily go to sleep. But whenever an email arrives, a Facebook update occurs or anything else in the notification area comes up the thing starts to buzz!
Why can't I shut it down?

I think you can shut off vibration for notifications. Not sure how on that tablet, but there should be a way.The brief vibration that occurs during a full shutdown cannot be disabled however.

joostab

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Nope, can't.
On my S4 (and even my old S2) I can modify vibration for everything. Even create a custum vibration pattern!
On the tab pro, it even vibrates when the tablet is set to silent, even though it has a vibrate-only option as well. Looks very much like a bug to me.
Hope it will be fixed soon...

Posted via Android Central App

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Hoping an update in the future will give us the ability to do this. Really annoying, especially with how long the vibration lasts.

Sammy Leverone

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
I just chatted with Samsung online. They will answer any question you have. They can even remote in. All you have to do to disable the vibrate annoyance is to swipe down from the top of the tablet to get the drop down menu. The sound button has three modes. Sound, vibrate and mute. Just toggle to mute and it will stop vibrating.

Kamani One

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
That DOES NOT WORK. Silent mode still does not disable screen vibration on touch.

I just chatted with Samsung online. They will answer any question you have. They can even remote in. All you have to do to disable the vibrate annoyance is to swipe down from the top of the tablet to get the drop down menu. The sound button has three modes. Sound, vibrate and mute. Just toggle to mute and it will stop vibrating.

Warrenatc

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
So, I have this problem and found a way around it.. If you pull the drop down and touch sound it will toggle to vibrate only or mute all and then back to sound. However just using sound still activates the invisible vibrate inside. You have to go find the programs that cause notifications to display at the top header bar when they come in. For me, it was Facebook and Yahoo mail. I went into the settings of those individual applications and disabled vibrate on notification and now its quiet!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2