Samsung TabPro 8.4: Menu Button gives Task Manager, but won't give the Menu for the App being used

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
During an app, in my case, specifically the Onkyo Remote Control App for their AVR's, the Menu Button gives the Task Manager, but won't give the Menu for the App being used!

This is a big issue for me because I cannot get into the App's own Menu by pressing the Menu button!

May I ask the good folks here on this forum how to access the Menu for any app please, since one cannot press Menu and get into the current App's menu.

To be even more specific, the issue is that the Onkyo App has a check box that causes the screen on the tablet to NOT be able to go to sleep, hence it is essential to uncheck that box.

Thank you in advance!

draconianchaos

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
The tab pro line of tablets (FINALLY) ditched the legacy hardware menu key in favor of a hardware task switcher key. It's behaving as it's supposed to. The on screen device you should be looking for is commonly referred to as an overflow button. (three vertical dots) you can see an example in the top right corner of the play store for reference. I am unaware of the nature of the app in question but it would seem you are in the hands of the developer if the overflow isn't present. There is an xposed module that forces the overflow to appear but that requires root access to apply.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
During an app, in my case, specifically the Onkyo Remote Control App for their AVR's, the Menu Button gives the Task Manager, but won't give the Menu for the App being used!

This is a big issue for me because I cannot get into the App's own Menu by pressing the Menu button!

May I ask the good folks here on this forum how to access the Menu for any app please, since one cannot press Menu and get into the current App's menu.

To be even more specific, the issue is that the Onkyo App has a check box that causes the screen on the tablet to NOT be able to go to sleep, hence it is essential to uncheck that box.

Thank you in advance!

Just long-tap the multitasking button and it will issue a "menu" command.

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
@DanPLC: that's right! thank you. may i ask how you discovered or found out about this? it is nowhere to be found unless someone told you/me!

thank you again.

wms3

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
I asked this question within hours of buying my tablet, and it was answered on this form in about an hour. How the person who answered it found this out I will never know!

Posted via my Samsung Apple killer

jasttim

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
the options menu button as featured for example. in the galaxy s4, is a feature that was replaced by the multi task button, however, the functionality of the button remains, by pressing and holding the multi task button down it is possible to use the mulit-task button as a options menu button

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power