Faulty battery

Billy95Tech

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I have had my Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 for about 4 months nw.

At 1st when i charge it from 5/20% back to 100% fully charged it would of had no problems charging.

But now most of the time i charge it it goes from 5/20% and it gets struck on any number like 25%, 40%, 67% , 92% and never goes back to 100% fully charged unless i replug the charger back in or restart the Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 and after it charges again.

I don't know why this it is happening, I had never had this problem on my old Galaxy Tab 2 7.

How do i fix this faulty battery and will it get worse in the future as i be planning to use Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 for a least 2/3 years.

Should i be worried?

On a side note: i haven't completely drained the battery to the full.

Civuck

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I have had my Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 for about 4 months nw.

At 1st when i charge it from 5/20% back to 100% fully charged it would of had no problems charging.

But now most of the time i charge it it goes from 5/20% and it gets struck on any number like 25%, 40%, 67% , 92% and never goes back to 100% fully charged unless i replug the charger back in or restart the Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 and after it charges again.

I don't know why this it is happening, I had never had this problem on my old Galaxy Tab 2 7.

How do i fix this faulty battery and will it get worse in the future as i be planning to use Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 for a least 2/3 years.

Should i be worried?

On a side note: i haven't completely drained the battery to the full.

As you will see in other threads on here, this is a common problem a lot of us are having.

It's very random for me. All week the charging was stalling at different values for me. Last night it went to 100%

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm having this problem as well. I've had my pro tab since may of this year and it has been flawless until about 9-6-(last Saturday). Mine has been taking forever to charge, draining fast, and now randomly dropping like 20-30% upon restart or other weird things like that.

Here's what I did to help after talking with Samsung:

• A hard reset (wiping all data and hard reboot)
  • A few restarts
  • Letting it charge while off
  • Playing Netflix til it drained to 15% (about 1.5 hours)
  • Then recharging it while device was powered on (took about 1 hour- which was ok, but not like before)

Now it is doing a little better than before, but it still drains fairly fast.

I watched videos all day today (my day off) to test it. Did this about 4 hours total on and off and that brought it from 100% to about 68% which was acceptable.

Still though, I used to be able to stream movies, edit documents, and play 3D games, let my kids paint on it and record video, and it would last a few days on a single charge.. Then It would only take about 30min to fully charge it.

I think Samsung knows they built a crap device and they dont care. Their marketing sold. They got our 250 - $350 out of us, didnt they? I'm sending mine back to samsung tomorrow since its still under warranty - I also have square trade so I'll try that if samsung claims I damaged it, which I havent, it's been babied.

I've had a few Samsung devices, I like their tabs better than ASUS but they have always had faulty battery or display. ASUS tabs always had booting issues or constant lag.

My favorite tablet was Acer Iconia A100, but I broke it by leaving it on top of car... lmao don't ask..
drunk passenger XD

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
A little update. Mine has been charging more normally lately so I'm very happy with that. As soon as I received my shipping label it seemed to start working just fine again. So I decided not to send it back unless some other issue arises. The thing is is that I used to run a lot of apps and widgets and the screen was always on full brightness but now I have to limit all activity to keep the battery in check. I just don't want to wait weeks for my tablet to return because i do work with it. I'm a landscape designer and this device is a must for what I've gotten myself into.

How's your doing now Billy?

Posted via the Android Central App

psyde22

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
For those of you with not rooted tablets there is this app, "galaxy charging current" which shows in real time your amperage and ita working quite accurately, with charging progressively slowing down the closer it gets to full. And a random thing I noticed I both the pro 8.4 and a tab3 8,0 i have, is that it makes a difference most times when i plug the usb charger i the tablet first, and then in the wall charger, which is already in a free socket, if I put the ends the other way around I get random appearing errors, in both of them. For rooted tab pro 8.4 I suggest an xposed module and then you van get all the battery stats back, with any app of ur choice like battery stats pro or whatever

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38