Wifi not working "AP currently not in use. Internet connection too slow."

Parv S

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
;) bristow2000.....

It sure did help! Since changing broken telco router with Netgear, Samsung devices would not connect.

All good after following your simple step.

Those like me :p who are not Android literate, pls remember to scroll after selecting advanced option,
static IP etc are at the bottom of screen.

Natasha K

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Nothing works. :(
Still get the same message, sometimes interspersed with Failed to obtain IP address and being stuck in the obtaining IP address... phase, or Network connection disabled. Internet connection slow.
I have to note that it used to be perfectly fine until one day this thing happened to all(!) my household's samsung devices. Like literally all 4 of them. No settings had been changed and no software upgraded. Is this black magic?

Sandyraxx

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I currently have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and This issue has really frustrated me. I have looked everywhere looking for answers and having them connect my internet but not actually letting me use it.
1. Try changing it so static mode instead of DHCP ( When you first connect to the internet, you should have two tick boxes which say show password and Advanced settings, You want to tick them both and then scroll down to where it says DHCP. This needs to be changes to static. Then enter all of the gateways and ip addresses and this connects you to the internet. NOTE: only do this for this solution if it works for you.)
2.Do 10,10,10 ton your WIFI Router (Hold the reset button for 10 second, then without releasing the button unplug the router. Then again plug it in and immediately hold the button for another 10 seconds)
3. Where you would normally dial a number (Not from contacts) Type *#0011# and it should take you to your services. Then you want to go into options and into WIFI. Once you do that you need to make sure the WIFI Powersave is off. Then turn your WIFI off and the on again and it may solve the problem.

Let me know if any of this helped any of you :)

Nehpets Rebuh

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
After trying most of, if not all of the suggestions, unplugging my router and counting to 60 (seconds) then plugging it back in worked to restore my Wifi connection.

JeaniefNJ

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
My box stayed Gray until I entered the IP Address. Do you enter the IP address of the router?

My Samsung Galaxy S4 just stopped connecting to my home WIFI yesterday! Been connecting for over a year with not issue.
I tried changing to Static and entering router IP address and now it say's connected but I can't get on the internet.
I don't understand your Step 2 above? Do 10, 10, 10 ton your WIFI Router?
Step 3 - when I enter #0011# I do not get a WIFI menu... I get nothing. I've tried hitting the menu button but nothing comes up.

My devices (Phone and Kindle Fire) connect on my work WIFI - problem just with home.
HELP

Last edited by a moderator:

JeaniefNJ

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
OK I tried EVERYTHING suggested here and no success. Now I get a GOOD connection to my WIFI, when I enter my IP address and go with Static but I'm NOT really connected. Can't get anywhere on the internet, not even Google Store to download WIFI Fix. Very frustrating. and I'm guessing it has to be my router since my phone can connect to other networks. Sucks and I want a fix.

Problem has to be with the DNS information... that's the only reason you could be connected to the internet and not have the ability to browse the internet... HELP

Last edited by a moderator:

vinaygr

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
I did the same,now the connection is established but i am not getting internet on my phone. Then i checked the settings of the router but i didnt see my phones ip among the connected ones but my PC and other phone is shown connected

MLBcapetown

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
The first thing could be to uncheck "avoid poor connections". To do that go to settings > WiFi > click on the three dots bottom right > advanced.

See if it works now. Rebooting the phone sometimes is enough for this kind of problem.

Hi Javier... I have Samsung A3 and cannot find the setting to avoid poor connections... Please help.
TIA

KamranCh

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I had the same WiFi connection issue on Galaxy Tab S, I took following steps to resolve the issue
1- Selected to Forget the network
2- Chose to manually add the WiFi Connection by selecting Settings -> Wi-Fi -> + Add Wi-Fi network
3- I provided all the values manually by looking into the properties of my router
and this resolved my issue...Good Luck everyone

402hoss

Dec 5, 2015
Visit site
it's not working on my samsung tab3 I followed all the steps..forget>connected again>advanced setting>static>ip adress and gateway which is visible in bar bot not written..DNS1 tht automatically fills out and DNS 2 tht predicts 8.8.4.4 u can connect either leaving it as it is or by filling the predicted words......plz help me:(