Wifi not working "AP currently not in use. Internet connection too slow."

pswayne

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
i get connected using this method but i cat use the app store or browse the web. any suggestions with the Samsung Galaxy Tab E?

GRRRRinaldi

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
I had the issue on my phone (Samsung Galaxy Note 4) connecting to my work wifi. The IP address I entered was greyed out in the IP Address textbox, so I just re-entered the grey value. I'd also tried restarting the phone, and switching off Automatic date/time, but neither of those worked.
I don't particularly want a static IP address - I'd guess that at some point, I'll try connecting and the IP address I entered will be in use, so I'll just have to re-enter a different one. But at least it's working for now.
NB It's an issue that has only appeared since updating my Android version to 5.1.1 a few days ago. Yesterday, when I arrived in work, the wifi didn't automatically connect, so I manually connected. Today it didn't :-\

KA_101

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
In most cases Wi-fi internet uses a Network router to broadcast a internet signal. Depending upon your internet provider and the type of internet you have (DSL, cable), your internet will either go directly into a single computer, or into a router box that has the ability to broad cast the internet through cables like a USB cable or broadcast over the air by Wi-Fi signal. When you get errors like the one mentioned here, it may not always be a i-phone, droid, Etc. issue. Meaning that it may not be your phone that is the problem. If you are using a router, it could be that your router needs to be reset instead of your phone. Turning off the router or doing a factory reset on the router can sometimes resolve these issues, in other worse cases you may have to replace the router itself. Netgear uses a program called the genie, if you have a router that is made by Netgear, this software can help resolve a lot of network issues. I am not saying by no means, that your issues may not be related to your droid, or other devices, but I did want to stress to everyone to look towards other alternatives, like your internet provider and most importantly, to your network router. Finally, it is not a good idea to duplicate an IP address while on a network, if your computer and your droid phone uses the same IP address while on the same network, this can/may cause other conflicting issues.

Mark Marino

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
FWIW: My wife, daughter, and I all have Galaxies and all suddenly began experiencing this problem three or four days ago. Additionally, the wireless icon on my phone (S4) would show the signal constantly cutting in and out. The phone heated up severely and battery longevity dropped precipitously. I tried all of the fixes recommended below; resetting the phones and the wireless modem several times with limited to no success.

Then I recalled I had a Linksys wireless extender picking up the main signal and extending it into the backyard. I unplugged the extender and since then everything on all phones has functioned perfectly as it should. Apparently the extender was cutting in and out causing the phones to constantly work to reacquire good signals and heating up as a result.

The extender is not even a year old and has functioned fine until now. Debugging it and finding out why this problem has occurred is problem for another day, once I know for certain this was it.

rkeny781

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
I went to visit my son, and logged onto his wifi. The tablet worked fine at first. We came back from dinner and I could not log on. I got a message saying something like "AP currently not in use. Internet connection too slow." The internet connection was strong. I checked the password. I had the tablet forget the wifi, then rejoin. No luck.

I went home, and now I cannot connect to my home wifi either. I get the same message.

1. How can I fix this?
2. Is there something I should do to prevent it from happening in the future?

I had the same problem for about two days. I tried turning my phone off and on.. putting "forget" on WiFi then putting my password again Scrolling down to where the option is either DHCP or Static.* Then putting static and after that it wouldn't allow me to click connect. Then my brother came over and tried to connect his phone and it didn't work either do then I was thinking it's not my phone is the internet. But I was watching netflix while all this was happening so I was like the internet is working fine so it must be my phone I decided to give it a try and disconnect my router I waited like 2 minutes turned it back on and it worked! But nefore it got connected it said "connected to internet but it's not going to be available at all times" something like that. So it worked for now but I don't know what that means.

Last edited by a moderator:

USMAN ASHRAF63

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
On your phone, go to Settings, then Wifi.
Click on your WI-FI Network, then click forget.
Click on your WI-FI Network again. Click the 2 check boxes. Put in your password. Scroll down to where the option is either DHCP or Static.
Click on Static and enter your computer's IP address.
Click OK. My connection started immediately.

Usama Khan3

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
I tried that static option and the wifi connected but then nothing works such as messaging internet nothing but on other devices internet works what should I do

Tarnie Blake

May 2, 2016
Visit site
kinsy2323 you are a life saver. thank you. i have had weeks with the same problem on my galaxy s5 but now the wifi works after following your instructions. ty ty ty x

JoannaSedley

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
My Galaxy Tab3 seems to have lost its IP address. It was working fine this morning at my sister's place, but I tried to connect to the internet via WiFi, and it wouldn't do it. I got the "AP currently not in use" message, and tried the suggested fixes. No success. Help!

I tried turning the router off, and then back on again, while the Tab was scanning for a connection. Problem solved! I hope this doesn't keep happening. Thanks

jkfish92

Aug 11, 2016
Visit site
I was having trouble with this also, when you switch it to static, it will auto-fill the information, (the ip address etc) but I still had to type it in over it. Apparently it doesnt actually enter that info in, it just puts it there so you dont have to look it up. Just type in the numbers that it shows in the boxes, then the connect button should be clickable again.

Sarah Trimmer

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
I had the exact problem with my Galaxy Tab S 8.4 LTE. I've tried everything that's been proposed to many sites.
You don't have to do any of them.
Just type *#0011# and you'll be directed to the service mode.
From the menu, check wifi and you will see "wifi power save mode"" uncheck that and you are ready to surf the net for ever.

I no this might sound like a dumb qestion but where do I enter the numbers at? The Internet or ?? Thank u much in advance

Quik qestion I have a galaxy tab pro 8.4 idk were I wud find the daily pad or put this numbers in .. any advice?

gtt1

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Quik qestion I have a galaxy tab pro 8.4 idk were I wud find the daily pad or put this numbers in .. any advice?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think this fix is for tablets with a sim card

Knowzilch

Oct 3, 2016
Visit site
Many thanks, kinsy. I don't what it means but I did what you said and it worked instantly. My Note 3 now connects to any of my four available wi-fi channels in about a second.

But have I compromised any other aspect of my Note's performance by no longer utilising DHCP? And can I leave it set to Static when I am away from home and trying to use other wi-fi connections?

Yavuzkurt

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
I had this problem, with the public WiFi at the hospital for special surgery in Manhattan, on my Android phone, a Samsung galaxy note 4.

I fixed it, after reading through a few forum threads, by finding out the IP address of the router and a device logged into the network (from a friend whose phone was working fine with the Wifi) and then checking "static" under the advanced network options in the Wifi settings. I entered the address of the router under "gateway" and an address similar to the device address of my friend's phone, but one digit greater (in the last set of digits, like if his was 192.168.1.147, I made mine 192.168.1.148). Then I connected and it worked fine.

The problem appears to be with the DHCP client in the phone's Android OS - which is the latest version Verizon has given us ( 6.0.1) ... and no, checking "use legacy DHCP client" in developer settings did not fix it. Obviously I couldn't try resetting the router as this would kick hundreds of people off, at a hospital no less! Plus, everyone with iPhones and laptops was having no trouble connecting.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Michiman Mike

Dec 14, 2016
Visit site
After reading 3 pages of comments and trying several recommended approaches, I was ready to give up again. Then on a whim, I turned airplane mode on and then off. My wifi immediately re-connected! Go figure! ... on a Samsung Tab.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz