Wifi not working "AP currently not in use. Internet connection too slow."

mhelman1

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I went to visit my son, and logged onto his wifi. The tablet worked fine at first. We came back from dinner and I could not log on. I got a message saying something like "AP currently not in use. Internet connection too slow." The internet connection was strong. I checked the password. I had the tablet forget the wifi, then rejoin. No luck.

I went home, and now I cannot connect to my home wifi either. I get the same message.

1. How can I fix this?
2. Is there something I should do to prevent it from happening in the future?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
The first thing could be to uncheck "avoid poor connections". To do that go to settings > WiFi > click on the three dots bottom right > advanced.

See if it works now. Rebooting the phone sometimes is enough for this kind of problem.

MarPai Carter

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
I am now having this problem with both my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 and my Sasung Galaxy note 3. The network signal is strong. but the bandwidth is under 5MB/S. I noticed this also happens at the hospital where the public wifi is limited in the same way, along with other businesses in town. When I take it to the Sprint Store in Port Orchard they cannot replicate this error. they mentioned that their bandwidth is 30MB/S. Is there any way to fix this. I need to be able to use the wifi on my phone because where I live is right in the middle of a "Cell Dead" area of town. 300 feet in any direction clear signal, but where I live no such luck.

Please get back to me I have tried rebooting, factory resets, taking it into the samsung store, everything but throwing it against the wall. I don't know what to do. And it seems now the problem has his my Asus tablet.

Steven Dundavan

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
My Samsung Galaxy S5 mini won't connect to home wifi all of a sudden, was fine until a couple of days ago. wifi settings wont allow me to save when I change the connection as "static" as some have suggested, reboots don't do anything. Other gadgets connect fine so it's not the wifi, any suggestions?

kinsy2323

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
Hello.
I have been having the same problem for the past week. Tonight I was working on it again and found an answer!!!
On your phone, go to Settings, then Wifi.
Click on your WI-FI Network, then click forget.
Click on your WI-FI Network again. Click the 2 check boxes. Put in your password. Scroll down to where the option is either DHCP or Static.
Click on Static and enter your computer's IP address.
Click OK. My connection started immediately.
Hope this helps someone!!!

pepperminsky

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I can't find where to click "OK" when i change to "static". When i make that change, the 'connect' box greys out and all i can do is Cancel.

Ralph Vreeland

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
same problem with my galaxy alpha, thank-you kinsy2323, it worked perfectly after your solution. Tried for 3 days before your solution, restarted-etc. My connection started immediately after reboot. Thank-you so much

redladydi

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
This worked perfectly for me

you still have to enter in the password at the top. that is why it's greyed out. you might have forgotten to add it.

Last edited by a moderator:

suzychickens

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
I am having the problem where I change the box over to static and the "connect" button goes gray. Yes, I entered my password. It seems like maybe you got this to work for you. What did you do to get the static box to stay white and clickable?

Sarah Deane

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
I solved this by going into date and time settings then unchecking automatic date and time,and rechecking it. Suddenly the WiFi began working again.

louisroux

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
you still have to enter in the password at the top. that is why it's greyed out. you might have forgotten to add it.

I'm using xfinitys wifi hot spots so there is no where to enter a password. As a result my connect box stays grey

Last edited by a moderator:

greenie829

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
I did this and it brought up a message saying something along the lines of "may not have internet connection but will connect anyway" (that was very adlibed by the way) so basically now it's just connecting and disconnecting. Any ideas?

CDC48

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
After a lot frustration and wasted time, I solved the problem on my Samsung Galaxy tab 4 by unplugging my Linksys router for 3 minutes and plugging it back in. I hope it keeps working.

smilin monkey

Jan 16, 2015
Visit site
Please help. I have this same sign in issue...AP CURRENTLY NOT IN USE INTERNET CONNECTION SLOW...

Galaxy S 5 phone. Tried doing the forget and reenter code ...tried turning off the date and time....reboot....pulled the battery and Sim card....couldn't set the advanced setting to static because the CONNECT option is not available.....

Please any other suggestions?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Please help. I have this same sign in issue...AP CURRENTLY NOT IN USE INTERNET CONNECTION SLOW...

Galaxy S 5 phone. Tried doing the forget and reenter code ...tried turning off the date and time....reboot....pulled the battery and Sim card....couldn't set the advanced setting to static because the CONNECT option is not available.....

Please any other suggestions?

Welcome to Android Central! Did you check out this guide? http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...roubleshooting-wi-fi-connection-problems.html

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hellofello