Battery problem!

James h3

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, I'm new here :)
my sister bought a tab s 10.5 two weeks ago. at first the battery seemed to be ok.
two days ago my nephew dropped the tablet from like a meter and it landed on his feet and also hit the rug.It was in a case, and i worked with it for a few minutes and everything looked fine.
today my sister said her tablet's battery drains fast and the percentage is acting weird. it was at %50 and then it changed to %75. Battery lasts for like two hours.
I thought it may be a software problem so i went into odin mode and tried wiping cache and user data, and performing a factory reset. but it didn't help. I also thought it may be because of the magnetic case, so i removed the case but no luck.
The tablet's acting weird. When the battery is really low instead off turning itself off, it kind of reboots itself.
Last night i plugged it in and it was in charge for like 6-7 hours, but it was charged to %12 in the morning.
I also found out that she used her Galaxy S2 phone adapter to charge the tablet.The adapter works fine with her phone.

What do you think is causing this problem? Is it the Galaxy S2 adapter or is it because of the drop? Or is it just a faulty device?

thank you for your kind answers.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums.
It may be a faulty device, but it does sound like the fall might have been more damaging than you realize. Everything did seem to start going south afterwards.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
No. A simple test is to use the proper charger. If I am wrong, the tablet will return to normal. If there is no change, then it is something in the hardware, most likely the battery. Keep in mind, just swapping the battery may not completely fix the issue either.

shelukindo

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi I had the same problem with irregular battery % and sometimes switching of and starting without prompting, it was a battery issue and I now know it has been a problem to many. Lucky for me I did return it to the shop and I am typing this with a new one that is fine.

Posted via the Android Central App

Tiemo

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Hello, My Tab S battery is giving me troubles. I had no troubles with it until after I play a game until the battery died. I've read other forums that suggest that you should run the battery down. No it will not charge to 100% even after 24 hours with the original plug and cable. I've not abused the USB port either. I noticed the lack of charge while playing the same game which rebooted unusually early. Ok, Ok it's not the game because I didn't have the issue for days before I deep cycled the battery. Other threads have suggested, Battery reset methods, disassembly to un-plug re-plug the battery, and many other hoakie methods. Any ideas? I've had the tab for 4 weeks, travelled though China with it and now it gives me this headache.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
When you say it would not charge to 100%, exactly what percentage would it charge to?

I wouldn't worry about it if it's 99%

@T-Mobile GN3

Tiemo

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
So, the battery reading is random. I also have random re-boots and screen shut-downs. Last night, I wan't to see what happens after r 12 hours of re-charge it hits 48%. When I first used it, the battery would have fully charged. However, when I use it, 5 minutes later, it'll indicate it needs to be juiced again.

Tiemo

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
After several visits to the local Samsung Center, we isolated the problem to a faulty WiFi circuit. When the WiFi was turned off, the tablet would run as it did when new. Then as soon as I turned on the WiFi, the battery would drain quickly. The service centre replaced the faulty tablet with another one. No problems to report after several months of use.

Tiemo

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I was told at the Service Center that the battery in the Galaxy Tab S is glued in; I originally asked them to change the battery. This features is a pre-cursor to the Galaxy 6 phones I guess.

barth2

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I was told at the Service Center that the battery in the Galaxy Tab S is glued in; I originally asked them to change the battery. This features is a pre-cursor to the Galaxy 6 phones I guess.
Wait so when the battery dies the tablet is useless?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
No, a competent technician can change it. A shop that does the kind of fixes we can tell you to do here probably doesn't even have a set of Torx drivers in the place. (That's like a tire shop without a lug wrench.)

The only problem with the S6 is that you can't easily do a battery swap out in the street during the day, the way you can with earlier S series phones.

maduro78

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Lol no its not, I changed the battery out on 2 tablets its held down by screw's, it pops right out. Service centers kill me

Moto X 2014

maduro78

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
No, a competent technician can change it. A shop that does the kind of fixes we can tell you to do here probably doesn't even have a set of Torx drivers in the place. (That's like a tire shop without a lug wrench.)

The only problem with the S6 is that you can't easily do a battery swap out in the street during the day, the way you can with earlier S series phones.
Anyone with a basic knowledge of tools can. Open it with a pry tool unscrew 6 screws and the battery comes right out. Its actually not that hard

Moto X 2014

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress