Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 - Wifi Problems?

bjones202

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
This post was updated. I did some more tests and found out even bigger issues. I thought it was a Google Login vs Samsung Login. But now I have a NEW WORKING THEORY: It's a sync problem and a break between the owner of the primary owner of the first app and the primary owner of the second app. I have a new Galaxy Tab S (Model T800, Build xNK1) and the Samsung Bluetooth Keybord EJ-CT800.

I was immediately taken aback by the fact that I had to create a Samsung ID. I thought that this was considered a Google product. So I set it up with my Gmail adress. I surfed Samsung's browser fine. I pulled up Chrome and crashes. Three times I pulled Samsung apps online fine and then opened YouTube and it crashed. I realized YouTube using my Chrome Gmail for ID. But the online video app bundled with Samsung is fine. I cleared Running apps and reset Wifi and It crashed after I set my keyboard to Google Keyboard and not the default Samsung. I fixed it by setting it back and wiping cache. An update from Google Play concerning my mobile phone started 5 minutes after a crash. And I didn't complete the process. CleanUp (downloaded through Samsung) is finding an unnerving 50%-70& of RAM being used, so it removes it. And then it Boost my phone, which again, I did not finish the SideSync process. I was even using the Samsung browser when I typed a word to be searched. It neve pulled the results. It chose to crash. Then I remembered, my default search is Google .. which would try to log me in as theirs.

So I closed the most recent culprit and open Samsung browser. Perfectly norm for a period of time. I then log into my Microsoft account and BOOM. It was down. I open browser and my Microsoft account was off and running. When I opened my Evernote, if booted just fine. I created a note and hit Sync and it was Down. This time a Personal Page Service was to blame. It started at the same time. I removed it from Apps Running WITHOUT removing Evernote. Wifi comes back up. I ask Bing a question and answers pop right up. I go back to Evernote and sync crashes. This time I remove Evernote from Running and Wifi is back. I perform a clean sync with Evernote and open Chrome. It crashes.

Is there something with handing the Wifi permission over to a new company that wants to use a Sync feature. I tested it with Samsung, Google, Microsoft, Evernote and even my Apple iPhone can't use Wifi. When why starts and continues within their domain of apps, it's all good. When it transfers to a new one, it breaks?

Last edited:

bjones202

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
I have been using Google Inbox without issue ... but then again, Inbox was a promoted by Samsung to download. Wonder if Gmail, and other preapproved apps are automatically accepted by Samsung.

Update: Wifi came back (Bluetooth on) and crashes again. Go to Applications Running and remove Google Play Services - Analytical Reporting - something that was loaded 8 mins ago. Wifi is back

Last edited:

KimKaosDK

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Today we did some testing and me and a friend striped down my Samsung and removed a bunch of apps - and the result is that even with basic settings Samsungs wifi stinks!!

We have also some cheap Alibaba/Chinese Tablets and a Sony Tablet - none of them have the same problems - My HTC One M8 - My WD EX2 6TB NAS and my TVs - all have no issuses at all with conncet to my EA6900 router and get 4-5 bars everytime.

My Friends Mobiles al get the same 4-5 bars when they use a guest login on my router.

So the conclusion is Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 have big wifi issues.

xs4none

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
I have issues with Wifi on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 as well. Very annoying. All the time the connection drops. The issue disappears when I disable Samsung Sidesync. Disabling is the only thing I can do with the app, uninstalling is not possible. And the app SideSync re-enables itself quickly so I keep disabling it. As far as I understand I need to download and use an app to remove system apps from Android. Up to now I am not willing to do this. I am still waiting for a bug fix from Samsung. Why does it take so long?

KimKaosDK

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I dont think they give a crap about us.

The only hope we have is Lollipop - maybe just maybe they will fix the wi-fi issues we have with the new update.

I have talked with my dealer here in Denmark - and tomorrow I will go down to one of their shops and let them find out what to do with it - repair or replace - So when I have it back or a new one I will return with some info.

"The Lollipop update will be available to some Samsung tablets. The first tablets to get the updated Android version are Samsung Galaxy Tab S (both the 8.4 and 10.5 inches), Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro (8.4, 10.1, and 12.2), and Samsung Galaxy Note Pro (8.8, 10.1, and 12.2). Users will get the update in January or February. Meanwhile, users of Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (7.0, 8.0, and 10.1) and Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition will get the update by March or April."

Last edited:

Nektaria Fortier

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
I was able to pair my Samsung Galaxy TAB S keyboard (model EJ-CT800) to my Samsung Galaxy Tab S (model SM-T800) via Bluetooth when I :
1. disabled Wi-fi.
2. enabled Bluetooth.
3. powered on my keyboard and enabled Bluetooth on my keyboard (push the bluetooth button).
4. scanned for devices (took about 15 seconds) until the TAB S found my keyboard.
5. selected the keyboard to pair up.
6. re-enabled wi-fi.

Everything works now. Oh yes and I uninstalled the synch up updates.

iviagnus

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
You could stop being so lazy and change the IP address when you need to use another AP. Now go to your room and stand in the corner.

Capslock OMG

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
Yes, the Bluetooth seems to bother the lower channels on the 2,4GHz some, but to me it looks like less then 5dbm so nothing that should be be major.
Biggest problem i found was that if a AP is set to Auto neoigate about best channels. And the AP frequently changes channels to "best" available channel, The tablet takes 10-45 seconds to connect to the new "best" channel.
Setting a static channel might help you with things like YouTube,Twitch,Netflix lagging out.

Tablet itself uses a lot of % network for things it shouldnt be needing, but thats probably one thing u get from getting "free" apps.

frederickp

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
I have a samsung Galaxy Tab 7 and it drops the wifi constantly and No other devices on my router have any issues. Any updates on when they will be updating to lolipop yet for this??? This is so frustrating!!:-\

KimKaosDK

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I have a samsung Galaxy Tab 7 and it drops the wifi constantly and No other devices on my router have any issues. Any updates on when they will be updating to lolipop yet for this??? This is so frustrating!!:-\

No Lollipop news yet - they have startet check Samsung´s homepage.

And the wifi stinks - no fix for that

Blues Breker

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
Hello i got similar problems at crete staying on holidays,now got home, trouble is over (looks like)and i didnot remove the sunc app at all.
I suspect that the malfunctioning has to do with saftey rules of the router or that you connect through different country......and at my smt800 the ss tobo and mouse is normally running through bluetooth ...!!

Mike994

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
FWIW I did the following to get my EJ-CT800 be detected by my Galaxy Tab S 10.5 Wi-Fi.
Press the small wifi-button at the top right, keep it pressed for 2-3 seconds, the led light is flashing (different colors, if my memory serves me well, red, green, blue). It will continue to do so for a while.
In the tablet, connections, blue tooth, switch it on (slider to the right, green).

I could not get the keyboard working/detected, but keeping the button pressed for 2-3 seconds, made it work.

=

Festus Goseb

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I bought a bluetooth keyboard EJ CT800 and it worked smoothly but after putting it away for quite sometime it fails to connect to any device. It flicking blue and if I press the bluetooth connectivity button, turns red, green and blue up until it kicks out totally. How can I solve this issue. I've charged it overnight but problem still persist.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty