Tab S 10.5 Frozen

William Frazier2

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
My galaxy tab s with an unofficial release of cyanogenmod froze on the lockscreen after i changed something in the accessibility settings
Stayed froze alllllllll night. Holding down the power and vol down worked!
Thanks for the info!

Where can I find more information about cyanogenmod?
I have been looking but haven't found the right download.

Thanks for any help on this.

eddyjones420

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
I've got a slightly different situation my screen froze on me while I was playing a game a couple of weeks ago but the game was still playing I just could no longer control it anymore by touching the screen I had to hit the powe button and put it to sleep then Wake it up and it was okay again that happened sporadically after that but has progressed to something that happens repeatedly no matter what you are doing .

if you're watching a movie or playing a game those things keep going but you can no longer do anything the only action available is to hit the powerbutton and put it to sleep which breaks it out of the freese or power it off or if you have a case like mine you can close it and put it to sleep. The home button also works but it doesn't free up the screen

Anyone have some ideas

eddyjones420

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
I sent my Tablet to be repaired or replaced only to get it back with a note saying there was nothing wrong with it but they updated the software like I haven't thought about that a I turn it on and its as bad or worse than it was when i sent it off

But they won't work on it because they say nothing is wrong with it and I have a $600.00 unusable Tab s 10.5

eddyjones420

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
I would say put it in safe mode and try to reboot it that way all the apps on the back round will close

Posted via the Android Central App
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I appreciate you reminding me about this you just helped solve a lot of questions and time going through the apps I I downloaded. Which wasn't alot but still a pain.

I put it in safe mode and sure enough the screen locked up every few seconds I kept having to hit the power button and put it to sleep then wake it up so I could use it again.

So I'm still stuck with a Tablet they claim there's nothing wrong with but I know for a fact there isnand that its not the apps I put on it but I still don't know what is wrong with it

casual167

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
How do you put it in safe mode? I'm having an issue that I'm thinking is similar. I was on the tablet working fine, went to the fridge and came back it was on the 'Samsung Galaxy Tab S' screen like when you first turn it on but it's frozen on it. Tried to reboot it and started it up but won't go past that screen so I'm not what happened. Hoping Safe mode will help but any adice would be helpfull

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Mine also went into a total freeze the other day. I got a Event Notice but could not slide Snooze or Dismiss. Then realized nothing worked. The back/home/task buttons did not create any response. Nor the Power button. I tried a series of Power and other buttons. Nothing. Finally, I THINK it was Power and Vol DOWN and it rebooted.

About an hour later it happened again. Again, no response from touching the screen or the lower 3 buttons. Nor POWER alone. Again it was some combination of Top Buttons and it restarted. I then removed my recently loaded app. And it has not re-occurred. It certainly was scary and nothing like that had happened since I got the Tab S in Sept 2014.

I won't mentioned the specific app but it was a mapping/gps app. I don't know if it caused it or not.

eddyjones420

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
I wish my problem was a downloaded app but after putting it into safe mode the screen still froze up few seconds (it just did it again) which means it's not any app's I put on it which is just a few since I got it back but that it's the firmware or hardware.

Well I've had the software flashed 5 times and when I sent it off to be repaired they said nothing was wrong with it and just updated the software and it was doing it while I was trying to set it back up.

And because they claim nothing is wrong with it they won't look at it again.

And I'm stuck with a very expensive useless papper weight

perkinsy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
I have a Galaxy S Tab 8.4 and had the frozen screen problem this morning. I was reading a website I read every day and the screen froze. The off button did not work and I was considering removing the battery to reset it. Thanks to this forum thread I tried pressing the volume down and off button for 10 seconds. It worked! Thank you everyone who has contributed to this thread.

oneorbit

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. For instance, during a game all the graphics & game play continue, but the screen & 2 soft keys becomes unresponsive. The home button takes you to the tablet's home screen but you can't swipe or anything. All I can do is tap the power button to turn the screen off, turn the screen back on, & unlock the lock screen. Over & over again.it also now happens when not playing a game. Any ideas?

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. For instance, during a game all the graphics & game play continue, but the screen & 2 soft keys becomes unresponsive. The home button takes you to the tablet's home screen but you can't swipe or anything. All I can do is tap the power button to turn the screen off, turn the screen back on, & unlock the lock screen. Over & over again.it also now happens when not playing a game. Any ideas?

Try the solution posted earlier in the thread

" combination of volume and power hold for 10 seconds.

Well it worked... Volume down, then power button hold for 10+ seconds and the unit rebooted."

imacpamom

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same issue where the tablet freezes when you are in the middle of playing a game, online or reading from Kindle. Restarted in safe mode and waited 2 hours per instructions from Samsung. Still froze. In fact just froze whole I was typing this. When this happens the soft keys don't work but the center button returns to the home screen. I have to put it in and out of sleep mode to get it back and then it does it repeatedly. Rebooting using the power and volume down do not correct the issue...Samsung was less than helpful. Anybody try anything else?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez