Is there a way to limit the Notification Icons - there are just too many of them!

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
In the attached Screenshot there are about 40 little notification icons, the leftmost FORTY!!!!

I don't mind the rightmost, starting with the Bluetooth icon and ending with the time.

But do I really need 13 Cloud (weather?) icons? Or is it some Cloud storage notification?

In any event can they be reduced in number? Can I clear them in some fashion?

What can I do about them!!!!

Thanks in advance.

(and it's late, but why do I feel that I already asked this or a similar question!!! :D )

Screenshot_2014-12-12-21-47-39.jpg

Kalikazoo

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Pull down the notifications screen from the top and right underneath the brightness and audio volume settings you should see "Notifications" and on the same line and to the right an "X" hit the "X" to delete your notifications. Repeat the process whenever you want to delete your notifications. Also, if you go into your tablet "Settings" and click on the "Application" tab then click on an app you can "uncheck" the "Show notifications" for that particular app to stop displaying notifications.

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Pull down the notifications screen from the top and right underneath the brightness and audio volume settings you should see "Notifications" and on the same line and to the right an "X" hit the "X" to delete your notifications. Repeat the process whenever you want to delete your notifications. Also, if you go into your tablet "Settings" and click on the "Application" tab then click on an app you can "uncheck" the "Show notifications" for that particular app to stop displaying notifications.

And one THANKS is NOT ENOUGH. THANKS, THANKS.........................

Screenshot_2014-12-13-07-33-52.jpg

I did not see the "Notifications" and the "X" at first, I have a large "controller module" for my Samsung TV and never realized that there was other "stuff" (notifications) lower down if I scrolled the TV module out of the way.

So, again, THANKS.

Last edited:

leerandall

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
And one THANKS is NOT ENOUGH. THANKS, THANKS.........................

View attachment 153967

I did not see the "Notifications" and the "X" at first, I have a large "controller module" for my Samsung TV and never realized that there was other "stuff" (notifications) lower down if I scrolled the TV module out of the way.

So, again, THANKS.

I have also read, but haven't done it myself, that in the notifications pulldown, you can long-press on a notification and you will get the option to turn that type of notification off as well.

Edit: I just tried it in the notifications pull-down and a long-press lets you select App Info, which takes you directly to the same application page you would get using Setup-->Applications-->select app.

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have also read, but haven't done it myself, that in the notifications pulldown, you can long-press on a notification and you will get the option to turn that type of notification off as well.

Edit: I just tried it in the notifications pull-down and a long-press lets you select App Info, which takes you directly to the same application page you would get using Setup-->Applications-->select app.

Yes, I discovered that when I started playing with the Notification options. Now I'm waiting till some of the Notices show up so I can figure out what Icons represent what apps.