Looking for a new tablet, Tab S or Tab Pro

dt81

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
I am looking for a new tablet and have been looking at the Tab Pro. Someone to told me check out the Tab S.. So is there any difference between the two besides size?

Would you buy the Tab S again if buying another tablet?

Posted via the Android Central App

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I am looking for a new tablet and have been looking at the Tab Pro. Someone to told me check out the Tab S.. So is there any difference between the two besides size?

Would you buy the Tab S again if buying another tablet?

Welcome to the forums!

Are you just stuck to a certain size tablet?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
The reason I ask.. I think the Tab A is the newest, don't quote me. I looked at it as Nest Buy while they were flashing my phone. The one I looked at had just come out. It was nice, good price and the keyboard you could buy was a sturdy keyboard. It basically turned it into a many notebook. It is a WiFi device. It was $299 when I looked.

Just checked.. Yes, the 8" Tab A I'd the one released in April and it is really worth looking at if you want WiFi only.

dt81

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I don't want an 8. I really love the 12 but read that the Tab S is more powerful than the Tab Pro. Plus it has 5.0 were as the Pro does not.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Bigger than an 8 was too much for me. That A was nice for sure. Best Buy also puts the S on sale quite often, I just glanced at it. Many times it isn't normal sale times, just check their website often and you might luck up on a really good deal.

Also Samsung now has a refurb department online, might find a good deal there at Samsung.com

dt81

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Ya, price is not an issue for me. I saw that the Tab A does not have that great of a screen resolution as the Tab Pro or the Tab S. I am really not sure which way to go, S or Pro. Blah.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Ya, price is not an issue for me. I saw that the Tab A does not have that great of a screen resolution as the Tab Pro or the Tab S. I am really not sure which way to go, S or Pro. Blah.

Oh the A looked great to me.

You might want to hit Best Buy and play with both you are interested in. The Samsung people at Best Buy at most stores are good about helping you find what meets your needs. They generally know more info than a carrier or sales person at Best Buy.

D Android

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
I believe Tab S2 is going to be announced soon but if you can't wait and need a tablet now then I would choose Tab S any time, the screen is a pleasure to look at but if S Pen is more important to you then Tab Pro is the obvious answer. Tab A is more of a mid-range device with lower specs and is a bit too small IMO.

dt81

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
I just went to the store and the 10.5 screen is actually a perfect size. So I'm going with the Tab S in Bronze. Just now havr to wait till Thursday for payday. Gr.

Tahoe916

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I just went to the store and the 10.5 screen is actually a perfect size. So I'm going with the Tab S in Bronze. Just now havr to wait till Thursday for payday. Gr.

Good choice, I'm very happy with it

Posted via Android Central App

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I got the tab pro 10.1 was 299 at best buy was down to that or tab 's wanted the hi res screen tab a didn't have it. Happy so far works great

shastrich2005

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I have 2 of the Tab S' in 10.5 LTE with the Samsung keyboards. Absolutely LOVE them. Best tablets to date. We traded up from our Galaxy Note 10". I did a lot of research between the Tab S and the Pro and the Tab S was all around more powerful and a nicer size for a tablet. The Pro is quite bulkier and heavier in comparison. You won't be disappointed with the Tab S 10.5

maduro78

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I got the tab pro 10.1 was 299 at best buy was down to that or tab 's wanted the hi res screen tab a didn't have it. Happy so far works great

I'd take the 10.1 back in favor of the S but if your happy I guess keep it.

sent from my LG G4 vs986

BarbaraDG

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
I feel I made the best choice with the Tab S 10.5. There's just no way anyone wouldn't love this one!
Check prices on Amazon before buying!

dt81

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Ya. I was able to handle the Pro and thr S... I'm glad I went with the S. 10.5 screen is perfect. Better than the pro. Not to mention octo core!

PlanetPluto7

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I have a 16gb TabS. The 16gb is not nearly enough for me. Many apps on my other tablets just do not fit (updates will fail). The sdcard is a 128GB but that does not help.

Soapm

May 26, 2015
Visit site
I have a 16gb TabS. The 16gb is not nearly enough for me. Many apps on my other tablets just do not fit (updates will fail). The sdcard is a 128GB but that does not help.

I'm new to Android so take this with a grain of salt but have you tried Android Assistant? I understand it lets you move your applications to the SD card...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non