Selling Tab S8 and Pixel 7 Pro for S23 Ultra

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Right now Verizon is offering an $800 credit for the S23 Ultra for my Pixel 7 Pro. I could sell my Tab S8 on Swappa and make enough to pay it off and my Pixel 7 Pro. Is this worth it? Do I really need the Tab S8? Will I be happy with the ultra as a replacement for my S8 and my 7 Pro?

I do like having a tablet for watching shows and movies on so I'm not straining my eyes looking at a phone screen. But lately, I find myself not using my tablet as much as I did when I got it a year ago.

Maybe I'll find a way to pay off my Pixel first by selling some stuff. I owe less than $200 on it. Then trade it in and see how much I use my tablet. Then make the decision whether to sell it or not. I just don't know how long this promotion from Verizon will last. I remember they had the same deal during pre orders.

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
It's your choice and what your experiencing with pixel 7 pro , All I can say is you won't be disappointed in the s23u .
Selling my tablet is a good way to get rid of the device debt. I also have a desktop laser engraver that I have barely used that I can sell to pay off my 7 Pro. I need to start there to see if I can sell it. I'm only going to go for the 512gb Ultra. I need to see how long this promotion from Verizon runs.

Reactions: mustang7757

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Selling my tablet is a good way to get rid of the device debt. I also have a desktop laser engraver that I have barely used that I can sell to pay off my 7 Pro. I need to start there to see if I can sell it. I'm only going to go for the 512gb Ultra. I need to see how long this promotion from Verizon runs.
Yeah definitely give it a go

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I think I'm going to list my Tablet on Swappa tomorrow. I'm also worried that my replacement pixel 7 Pro isn't going to perform very well when we go on vacation in a couple of months. I've already had it replaced once because the screen went green. I'm starting to lose confidence in Google's hardware. I had high hopes for this device.

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
In the end you have to do what's right for you. I know you've had an awful experience with the 7Pro and I can say you have a lot more patience then I do LOL

I have both the 7 Pro and S23U and on the (very) rare occasion I use my 7 Pro I find myself missing A LOT of what the S23U offers ... too much to list, honestly. I still prefer the Pixel camera for everyday point and shoot and it's voice to text is a lot better (and being able to say "send" to reply to texts hands free is cool) but that's really about it. Samsung has so many handy features built-in that I have a hard time living without them.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
You mention selling your tablet to pay it off. Make sure you know what you owe for it as if there's a promotion tied to that tablet you probably will lose the remaining promotional credits.

Now my input on this deal.. If you are using your tablet 8 for movies and other things I think you will miss the tablet in the long run. There's a big screen size difference there. Myself I would keep the tablet and just trade in your pixle for the $800.

You are correct, you don't know how long Verizon will be running the trade in promo, Verizon just ends it one day out of the blue. Samsung site only gives you $245 for your pixle. So of you're ok with 3 years of monthly promotional credits and keeping the phone for 3 years or losing remaining credits Verizon is offering a decent deal.

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
You mention selling your tablet to pay it off. Make sure you know what you owe for it as if there's a promotion tied to that tablet you probably will lose the remaining promotional credits.

Now my input on this deal.. If you are using your tablet 8 for movies and other things I think you will miss the tablet in the long run. There's a big screen size difference there. Myself I would keep the tablet and just trade in your pixle for the $800.

You are correct, you don't know how long Verizon will be running the trade in promo, Verizon just ends it one day out of the blue. Samsung site only gives you $245 for your pixle. So of you're ok with 3 years of monthly promotional credits and keeping the phone for 3 years or losing remaining credits Verizon is offering a decent deal.
I can go on to my TD Bank account for Samsung and see what the remaining balance is for each account. You make a good argument for me keeping my tablet.

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
It does make me nervous to lock myself in with the S23 Ultra for 3 years. Usually there is an upgrade available for most devices once you pay off a certain amount. At least there used to be. I've also considered selling my Pixel 7 Pro and buying a used S22 Ultra on Swappa.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I can go on to my TD Bank account for Samsung and see what the remaining balance is for each account. You make a good argument for me keeping my tablet.
Samsung is running a promo for unlocked phones, get the 512 for same price as the 256. But unfortunately they don't take the pixle 7 series for trade in. Makes the 512 $1199 versus Verizon full price of $1379. . Maybe you have an old Samsung device you can trade in. Just letting you know about that. You can do the education discount on Samsung which is another $60 off.

Something to play around with to see if you can get the pricing a little closer to what Verizon is offering and not have to do the 3 year promo credits. Worth a look.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
There's $560 difference in pricing doing the promo Samsung deal versus the Verizon 3 year promotional credits. Plus thru Samsung unlocked there no $35 activation fee, so really $525. This includes using the $60 education discount on Samsung that you can get if you select it.

Do some digging to see if you have another device you can trade in on Samsung. Plus you could sell your pixle on Swappa to offset the Samsung unlocked difference. You could be closer to avoiding the 3 year monthly credits then you think.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
If you get unlocked phone thru Samsung then you can use the connected devices option that Verizon blocks. This will make having the tablet 8 more desirable as you can set it up so you can get your text messages and phone calls on the tablet also.

Sorry for all the posts.. Just throwing stuff out there that could help you make decisions and benefits of maybe paying a little more up front versus 3 years of credits.

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
If you get unlocked phone thru Samsung then you can use the connected devices option that Verizon blocks. This will make having the tablet 8 more desirable as you can set it up so you can get your text messages and phone calls on the tablet also.

Sorry for all the posts.. Just throwing stuff out there that could help you make decisions and benefits of maybe paying a little more up front versus 3 years of credits.
Really? Verizon blocks this feature? I will not be getting it from Verizon if that's the case. I can text just fine on my Tab S8. Google Messages syncs with my Pixel just fine.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Really? Verizon blocks this feature? I will not be getting it from Verizon if that's the case. I can text just fine on my Tab S8. Google Messages syncs with my Pixel just fine.
They don't block the Google messages texting on app as they can't control that. They block the built in connected devices text and call on the phone itself. What I circled will not be on Verizon branded phones.

What's circled won't be on a Verizon phone. I shouldn't have said connected devices isn't on the Verizon phone, just the call and text option in connected devices. I can't edit above, sorry about that
37f7f4e2f67cda75fff47ab7e6f874db.jpg

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
They don't block the Google messages texting on app as they can't control that. They block the built in connected devices text and call on the phone itself. What I circled will not be on Verizon branded phones.

What's circled won't be on a Verizon phone. I shouldn't have said connected devices isn't on the Verizon phone, just the call and text option in connected devices. I can't edit above, sorry about that
37f7f4e2f67cda75fff47ab7e6f874db.jpg
Ok. That's not that big of a deal to me. Still stupid but not enough of a reason for me not to get it.

TheAngryToaster

Sep 14, 2020
Visit site
I think I'm actually going to stick with the Pixel 7 Pro for a little while longer.
Wait till fathers day and see what kind of sale Samsung has. They usually have a pretty good deals. I picked up the s22u 512gb last year for half price with a trade of the base s21. I did check their website and currently the p7p isn't listed for trade. Maybe that will change in the future, but who knows.

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Wait till fathers day and see what kind of sale Samsung has. They usually have a pretty good deals. I picked up the s22u 512gb last year for half price with a trade of the base s21. I did check their website and currently the p7p isn't listed for trade. Maybe that will change in the future, but who knows.
I am still paying Samsung for my S22+, Tab S8 and Watch 5.