Selling Tab S8 and Pixel 7 Pro for S23 Ultra

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I you can get $530 trade in for the S22+ on Samsung website for trade in. With the promo and that trade in plus the education $60 discount your cheaper.

You also have a good set up now. Decisions.... Lol
I traded in the S22+ for the Pixel 7 Pro. I'm still paying Samsung credit for the S22+. Google accepted it as a trade in. So I currently have the 7 Pro, Tab S8 and Watch 5. I'm paying $10/ month to Google for the Pixel.

Super Spartan

Dec 21, 2018
Visit site
I wouldn't want to owe a telecom company so much with multiple devices. IMHO you should enjoy what you have now until you've paid them off. Then just sell what you OWN to upgrade and enjoy a payment-free life. Just my 2 cents.

I just upgraded to the S23 Ultra. The most notable difference is the portrait video is so much better on the S23 Ultra, better focus and better edge detection + you're not limited to 1080P and you can even do portrait videos on the front facing cam which the Pixel 7/Pro can't. Not sure how important that feature to you is but I like it a lot. In terms of photos, they all have weaknesses and strengths. The Pixel 7/Pro has a more true-to-life tone whilst the Samsungs as usual have a punchier color without editing. The Pixel 7's camera is no slouch by any means

Another thing worth mentioning is when you take a photo, then hit edit, it takes about 5-10 seconds on the Pixel before you can actually click on the suggestions such as Enhance as its gathering info about the shot. With the S23 Ultra, it's instantaneous thanks to the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 Processor. It's a shame that Google's own Tensor CPU is so weak even on their own apps.

Reactions: kevinpleasants

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I watched a lot of reviews on the S23 ultra being compared to the 7 Pro. The Pixel did a better job in almost all point and shoot situations.

You're right about me learning to be content with what I have. This has been an issue for me in the past few years. I think it all began with me selling my S21 ultra. That took great photos.

TheAngryToaster

Sep 14, 2020
Visit site
I wouldn't want to owe a telecom company so much with multiple devices. IMHO you should enjoy what you have now until you've paid them off. Then just sell what you OWN to upgrade and enjoy a payment-free life. Just my 2 cents.

I just upgraded to the S23 Ultra. The most notable difference is the portrait video is so much better on the S23 Ultra, better focus and better edge detection + you're not limited to 1080P and you can even do portrait videos on the front facing cam which the Pixel 7/Pro can't. Not sure how important that feature to you is but I like it a lot. In terms of photos, they all have weaknesses and strengths. The Pixel 7/Pro has a more true-to-life tone whilst the Samsungs as usual have a punchier color without editing. The Pixel 7's camera is no slouch by any means

Another thing worth mentioning is when you take a photo, then hit edit, it takes about 5-10 seconds on the Pixel before you can actually click on the suggestions such as Enhance as its gathering info about the shot. With the S23 Ultra, it's instantaneous thanks to the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 Processor. It's a shame that Google's own Tensor CPU is so weak even on their own apps.
I have been paying devices off slowly, and now only have my work phone and my kids phone on payments. Mainly because I am never going to upgrade those devices. My work phone is a 13 pro, that I will use till it's death. My kid is old enough to buy his own darn phones from here on out haha.

The freedom of owning a device is so nice, it eliminates not being able to just switch providers when one sucks and screws you.

Reactions: Super Spartan

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
So far my Pixel 7 pro has been doing a decent job on our vacation. I'm finding I'm not using it as much as I thought I would. We have been using my Tab S8 as a sound machine at night and I did watch some shows on the flight here on it. But I haven't used the tablet as much as I thought I would but it has come in handy as the speakers are loud on it. I can get the 512gb S23 ultra for $20/month trading in my Pixel 7 pro and I can even put a down payment on it to lower the monthly cost but I'm not sure how much of a difference that would make.

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
So far my Pixel 7 pro has been doing a decent job on our vacation. I'm finding I'm not using it as much as I thought I would. We have been using my Tab S8 as a sound machine at night and I did watch some shows on the flight here on it. But I haven't used the tablet as much as I thought I would but it has come in handy as the speakers are loud on it. I can get the 512gb S23 ultra for $20/month trading in my Pixel 7 pro and I can even put a down payment on it to lower the monthly cost but I'm not sure how much of a difference that would make.
I say you enjoy your vacation and sort this all out when you get home 🤣😉

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I still love my Pixel exclusive features. My wife who is an iPhone user, loves that feature as well as in the camera it has the level on it so it makes it easier to make sure your shot is level. Does the S23 ultra have this feature?

As far as my tablet is concerned, the battery life isn't great lately on it. I just got done watching an hour of YouTube and it dropped from 100 to 88 percent. To me, that's not great. I'm more apt to sell that first to pay it off than I am to get rid of my pixel 7 pro right now. I'm just so intrigued by the S23 ultra but at the same time I do love my Pixel. I'm just not sure I'm ready to go back to just using a phone for everything. I have a windows laptop but I barely use it when I have my tablet that I can use to view webpages on a bigger screen and it stays at home plugged in as it's our main computer for the house that we all use.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I still love my Pixel exclusive features. My wife who is an iPhone user, loves that feature as well as in the camera it has the level on it so it makes it easier to make sure your shot is level. Does the S23 ultra have this feature?

Yes, the S23 Ultra has something similar when you enable "Shot Suggestions" in the camera settings. It doesn't show the degrees, but when it's level you see a horizontal line in the frame.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230627_155050_Camera.jpg
    Screenshot_20230627_155050_Camera.jpg
    689.3 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: Joshua Luther1

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Yes, the S23 Ultra has something similar when you enable "Shot Suggestions" in the camera settings. It doesn't show the degrees, but when it's level you see a horizontal line in the frame.
Thank you.

On a side note, when I try to go through Shop Samsung to purchase an S23 ultra and trade in my Pixel 7 pro, it tells me I have to upgrade my Unlimited data plan to something higher on Verizon. But when I go through Verizon, it never tells me I have to do that. I can save $200 if I go through Samsung, but I have to upgrade to a $10/month higher plan so it's a wash. I wonder why that is.