Stylus and Tab S 8.4

FormerTexan

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I know you can't use the Samsung S Pen (correct?) with the Tab S 8.4, but what about a regular stylus? I'm looking to get the 8.4 to replace my iPad mini (only apple product I own) which I use to take handwritten notes with using a stylus. Can I do this on a Tab S 8.4? Also any note taking programs on the Android platform you would recommend? Thanks in advance...

FormerTexan

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
So I picked up a Tab S 8.4 and a Wacom bamboo stylus, so far so good. The only problem is that unlike my Ipad Mini, there are no applications that have the ability to define a region to ignore on the screen (palm rest area) so it's very difficult to use any of the Apps (INKredible and Papyrus are the two best so far). I think I'll have to decide to keep this tablet (screen is beautiful) or replace it for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition which seems more suited to using the tablet for handwritten notes.

ndira

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't know about stylus but got can use Evernote. It's a great app for note taking, toy can also use your fingers to write a note. Try it and try the stylus as well.

Posted via Android Central App

Avante Obaidi

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I was at the shop the other day and comparing the Tab A Vs Tab S its a but confusing, cause i need hand writing notes with a bit of sketching. On the othet hand the Tab s better resolution and better Processor, so i decided to take the Tab A cause support the s pen nicely, but the resolution not really nice. I haven't thought of the Wacom pen, but as i believe its not nice to take not as the S pen. Any ways im comfortable with taking hand writing pen it feels like u writing on paper, but i dont like the processor and the resolution. :( any new Samsung tablet coming up this year that support S pen and good resolution ill buy it.