Kids Mode not showing in app drawer

WebOS Refugee

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Just got the S 8.4, and the first thing it wanted to do was the software update that is apparently a necessary precursor to setting up Kids Mode. I know that I saw an icon for it on one of the home screens at one point, but I was also going through and cleaning up a bunch of icons for useless bundlewareSamsung's amazing Perks package, so I probably tossed it off the edge of the screen as well, on the assumption that I could always start it from its app-drawer icon when I was ready for it.

Now that I'm ready to work with it, though, it's nowhere to be found in the Apps Drawer. I can see it under Settings / Applications / Application Manager / All, but can't open it from there to begin the configuration process. I can also see it when creating a new Restricted profile, but for some reason it can't be enabled in that context.

I don't really have much data on this device yet, so I suppose a factory reset wouldn't be the end of the world, but it's also a fairly blunt instrument. Does anybody have any other slightly sharper tools that might expose this feature?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Is it possible that's in the hidden apps section?
In the app drawer there should be a 3-dot menu (or you can use the menu button on the device) and you can find that section there.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4

WebOS Refugee

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Kids Mode can be found in the Widgets page. You can add it back into your Homepage.

Hope this help. :)
Took me a couple of minutes to find the widgets, but yep, you're right: it's there as a widget. It's an odd one, though, in that it is effectively a shortcut to install the actual program. Not the usual download from an apps store -- but then, according to the blurb that comes up when the icon is tapped, it sounds like it's a third-party app, so maybe that's why the usual store process is bypassed.