Tab S2 Sidesync Question

wsrobert

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Anyone here using the latest version of Sidesync with their Samsung phone?

Whenever I google looking for more about Sidesync, it always just talks about the mirroring feature. I simply want to know if the tablet and phone will connect to each other to receive SMS and phone calls just like how it's treated on an iPad and iPhone combo? I don't want to mirror my damn phone on the tablet just to receive and respond to texts.

I just want them connected so notifications are in sync. Possible?

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
To my knowledge you've got to mirror them, it won't just automatically integrate into the tablet notifications.

By any chance do you have Verizon? They're messaging app allows exactly what you're looking for.

Posted via the Android Central App

JustJade

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I use it, and it's basically an app, I can minimize the phone icon when not in use, or I can open it to send a text or make a phone call right from my tab. It's pretty cool IMO.

ericmazariegos

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
iMessage uses data and basically ties your phone with Apple so you can use it on other devices with iMessage installed. There's no such thing on Android but I think there are some apps that can relay your text messages to a tablet or computer. I think it's called Pushbullet

geoffreym01

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
mySMS and MightyText both allow you to mirror your texts on your tablet and a web site. I was using MightyText, but recently started having sync issues, so installed mySMS last night. So far, it works.