Does this tablet make any noise when restarting?

quixoticduck

Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
Hi, I’m thinking of buying the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0. Does it make any noise when it turns on or off or when the battery is low? If it does, does it have any tendency to restart at random even when it is unused?

My Hudl 2 did these things and used to wake me up if I left it on. I don't want to risk being woken up if I happen to leave it on near where I'm sleeping.

Ps. Less important question would you say the battery above or below average? Thanks. :)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. I don't have the device myself, but I would imagine there is a tone for the low battery warning. As for the boot/shut down, Most Samsungs have a boot tone. Shut down usually no.

Mooserman15

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
I think all Samsung tablets make those noises you describe. Samsung tablets are high quality and I doubt that it will randomly reboot. The battery life is probably incredible. My cheap 4 year old Samsung tablet still has great battery life.

If any of the noise bothers you, just turn the sound off.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I’m thinking of buying the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0. Does it make any noise when it turns on or off or when the battery is low? If it does, does it have any tendency to restart at random even when it is unused?

My Hudl 2 did these things and used to wake me up if I left it on. I don't want to risk being woken up if I happen to leave it on near where I'm sleeping.

Ps. Less important question would you say the battery above or below average? Thanks. :)
I have mine on silent all the time. No sound turning off or on. No random restarts at all.

quixoticduck

Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
Thanks. So to clarify, the tablet has these noises by default but turning the sound off will turn them off? I've just found with some devices that 'silent' mode doesn't seem to apply to the turning on tones or low-battery beep tones. :| Low battery tones can be useful, but if I'm asleep at 4am I'd prefer it just silently turn off due to low battery, than waking me! :)

quixoticduck

Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
Thank you. I guess the boot tone isn't an issue if the device doesn't randomly restart. I've only had one device which did that when left alone, so should be ok. :)

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Thanks. So to clarify, the tablet has these noises by default but turning the sound off will turn them off? I've just found with some devices that 'silent' mode doesn't seem to apply to the turning on tones or low-battery beep tones. :| Low battery tones can be useful, but if I'm asleep at 4am I'd prefer it just silently turn off due to low battery, than waking me! :)
I just turned mine on and no booting sound and can confirm no shutting sound. As long as you have your phone on silent.

Low battery also doesn't make any sound if on silent. My tablet dies down at night as I fall asleep watching space stuff Hehehe. Never woke me up when it does go low on battery.