Battery drain

newage120

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
I charged my tablet 3 days ago and now overnight im experiencing anywhere from 30% to 50% battery drain to the point i have to charge it every day. I used to only have to charge it once every 4 to 5 days what could have changed? I have cleared the cache out and reset the tablet im trying to not do a factory reset if i can help it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Show us some battery stats. Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

You might have to install a 3rd party battery monitor, like GSam Battery Monitor, to get the Cell Signal Strength graph.

newage120

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
This morning I stopped connection with my modems wifi which has tons of issues and switched to my router's wifi and now the battery drain stopped all together i have lost no bettery life with the screen off.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean by your modem's wi-fi? A modem itself doesn't broadcast wi-fi -- but a combination modem/router (which is usually provided by your internet service provider) will, since it has a router in it.

Or are you referring to the phone's mobile data (3G/4G)?

Angus66

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I charged my tablet 3 days ago and now overnight im experiencing anywhere from 30% to 50% battery drain to the point i have to charge it every day. I used to only have to charge it once every 4 to 5 days what could have changed? I have cleared the cache out and reset the tablet im trying to not do a factory reset if i can help it.

Consider yourself lucky.

The day before the Nougat update came to my S2 9.7 (Monday for me) my battery stopped charging almost completely.

It's been on the Samsung supplied charger for close to 36 hours and is just now at 38% - and the tablet has been off the whole time!

Of course my 1 year parts/labor warranty through Samsung ran out almost 6 weeks ago.

It's a damn shame because with the exception of the sharp edges on the body I absolutely LOVE the tablet... :mad::mad::mad:

Matthew Johnson15

Apr 30, 2017
Visit site
Ive been having battery issues as well. Mine would no longer charge at all, had new battery installed. Charged it up, formatted to default then only let it do software updates until current. Recharged back to 92% and with the following disabled: Bluetooth, location services, wifi accuracy, and disable wifi during sleep, screen brightness at 25%. This is standby drain: 8:30- 92% , 9:30-87%, 11:00-80%. I'm going to let it drain until 50% and then post a snapshot of the battery usage. Unless someone tells me this is normal.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty