Why does my battery say it's Discharging?

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
So no matter where I plug in my Tablet, the battery Icon has an "X" on it and the pull down menu says discharging since......

I rebooted it and still the same issue. I have no idea how to trouble shoot this. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

vferrari

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Did the behavior start just out of the blue or did you install an update (Gingerbread?), install new apps, update existing apps or otherwise mod the unit recently? This could give you a clue where to start.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
You may just want to restore using heimdall and start over again. Or maybe a factory reset. I know that's a pain in the @ss but it may be worth it. You can nandroid. Factory reset,then advanced restore your data to see if that works.

Tbolt meatclaws-talkatap

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I did a factory reset and still getting the red X over the battery and it says discharging but it is actually charging.....SLOWLY.
I must confess I did not get the Gingerbread update OTA from Sprint but downloaded it from a link I saw here in the forums.
Everything else seems to be Hunky Dorey so I am not going to sweat it.
Thanks for all of your help!
Dean

Slimerang

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have a AT&T GST and it does the same thing unless I plug it into the Samsung supplied charger w/ the real Samsung cable. If I use another cable (bought some cheap ones off buy.com) then I get the battery w/ the X but it is charging very slowly. Even if I use a USB extension cable from the wall adapter to the real Samsung cable it is slow. On the provided charger it's no speed demon in the charging department, but it is a fairly large battery. BTW, the cheap cables I bought at buy.com are only good for the trickle charge. Trying to transfer data just gets my computer really pissed off.

chris.moses

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Did you ever figure this out? My Sprint Galaxy Tab just started doing this a couple days ago. I'm on Gingerbread, but it didn't happen right after the update (which was the OTA from Sprint). I am using the correct-came-in-the-box USB cable, but not the Samsung power->usb adapter. This is actually the configuration I've used since D1 with this device and it was never a problem until last week. This is very strange.

Mattymalvs9

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem then I updated it and it worked,it seemed the second I plugged it into the computer it did that I will never attach it to the computer again

SilvaCubAz

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Did anyone figure this out...? I JUST had this happend to me yesterday.

I tried "fast discharging app" Now its charging to 100% I was told to do this at least 3 times receptivity.:'(

haloitsmemaddy

May 10, 2013
Visit site
All u have to do it restart it how you normally would I litarly at this moment just did it you hold down the power butto and three opions wil pop up press restart ur good to go

- - - Updated - - -

Restrt it

veganboy

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I realised I had this problem yesterday. For the first time.

I connected my tablet into my pc for the first time yesterday too. That may be the reason? Any surefire fixes yet?

Didn't charge it last night I forgot but charging now and still have the Red x

catfaceofdoom

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
This happened to me. Make sure the charger, not just the cord but the charger socket is the correct one. My bf changed the connecty bit and then my tablet wouldnt charge

imtypewriter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I have got this dayyyym same issue what to do next,,,, my samsung galaxy tab 2 not even charging, but after
Connect to charger its shows 100 % but when I remove the charger its gone switch off...help

sparkles_star_3939

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I am having a similar problem.
I just bought a samsung galaxy tablet last month. Last weekend, I connected it to my computer. Everything worked out well. Now, a few days later, it will not charge, register a charge, or show it is connected to the computer. I am using the cord and outlet plug in that came with it. I have a 64 GB card in it because I was transferring music to my tablet. I didn't drop it. It didn't get wet. There is no red X on the battery. It is at 40% right now. I haven't tried charging it since I connected it to the computer until last night. When I go to battery settings it says that the battery is discharging. I rebooted it. I turned it off and on many times. I restarted it. I took the memory card out and in many times (and I did safely remove it) I plugged other devices into the cord and they worked. The outlet on the tablet is not bent at all. I turned it off an 4 hours ago to see if that would help. I just turned it on and the same is still happening. Please help!

Morne Botha

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Mine was doing the same. I switched off my device fully and then plugged in the charger until the battery indicator showed charging before I switched it on again. Since then it's been fine and did not do it again. Try it maybe it will work for you to o

heartz75

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Mine was at 90% and I plugged in for when I would be gone, and it showed that X. But when I got back, it was fully charged. And I was only gone for about 20 mins.

mdbxghdugvxv

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Maybe ur tab has to be plunged in all day and night and all the way off that's what happens to me all the time so then it has to be all the way off remember if I does not turn off then hold down the power butter for 5 -15 secences 15if it freezes 5 then u know what to do

Cole Feather

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, my tablet is doing the same thing. It says its discharging, and has been doing this for a while. Sometimes it randomly dies and it wont charge entirely. It shows a golden battery charging half way then stops and repeats. It finally charges after a couple days of resting. Also, it will not connect to my PC, as I am trying to move the contents of my tablet to it. Also the Card inside is apparently damaged. I always safely dismount it so i dont even know why it decided to do it as I have lost quite a bit of memory. (It is a samsung galaxy tab 2 ... ice cream sandwhich i believe)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch