TAB Problems: TO return or not to return

KenshoSC

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Hello All. I purchased an EVO day one and love it and recently decided to get a TAB as well.

I am having some very frustrating issues that I wanted to pass on to see if anyone had any advice and if not then maybe I just need to return it.

I have the Sprint version with the Month to month plan.

I am having issues with it picking up the 3G service especially when it comes off the wireless.

Question one: If there is a wireless signal, with 3G remain off so that the Tab only draws from wireless?

I had downloaded the Angry Birds Holiday and could not get it to run and it would constantly put up force close messages. Tried uninstalling it and re-installing it just would not turn one.

Question Two: If there is NO wireless signal and 3G will not kick in, do apps with ads run correctly?

After reading the Apps of the week, I downloaded and installed LauncherPro and Snowstorm. I even down loaded the background page. I then rebooted. Launcher Pro, the background, and Snowstorm are completely missing. I re-downloaded LauncherPro and it would not run giving me yet another Force close message.

Question Three: Are there certain market based apps that will not run because of some limitation put on it by Samsung?

I decided to reboot again and then try and see if I was missing an update or something. When search for an update it immediately cut off the wireless and no 3G to be seen of course. After getting the wireless back on it is now on a "Session in Progress" message and will not let me do anything.

Questing Four: WTF am I doing wrong.

At this point I am not impressed with the software and I think that my EVO runs circles around this product in software terms. I love the size and the camera capabilities which will fill a perfectly match niche in my office BUT it does not seem to work the way I would have thought it would have.

Question 5: Lemon or just the way it is?

jamal2323

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
question 5 = all the above. Sounds like you got a lemon. My tab hasn't had any of those problems so far. I'd say take it back and try again and if it stills does the same things then, I would call it quits

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I haven't had any of the problem you have mentioned. You might want to try doing a factory reset if ypu keep having these issues. By doing that you will wipe your phone clean like Tue first time you powered it on. There are a few apps that will back up your apps and bookmarks to help ypu set your phone up after a reset. Then if your still having these issue you may want to take it back for a replacement.

And for question 3 all the apps you see in the market should work on your tab some might not fit the full screen. I'm sure most of those apps will be update to work perfect on the tab sooner or later.

KenshoSC

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I tried resetting the tab to factory defaults and when it came out of that it still was having force close issues. Also even after the factory reset all of my information was still in the system including email addresses and wifi networks...not sure that it reset...

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Exchange. When I had my Tab I never experienced those problems. Probably got the bad one out of the litter.

KenshoSC

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I did end up exchanging it after the experts at Best Buy examined (fiddle it dumb founded looks) for bout 30 mins.

So far so good on the second one. Fingers crossed.