Fedex does it again !! Scammed return Fold 5

TheAngryToaster

Sep 14, 2020
Visit site
Yeah my Fold 5 was stolen with the shipping label replaced tracking. They tampered in the Troutdale, OR FedEx ground warehouse for me. I suspected that something wasn't right. And behold when I saw the return inspection video that phone was stolen.
I am also in OR but my label was replaced before it even made it to troutdale. The good news is that I kept my AppleCare + theft and loss active. If it is stolen I will just call Apple and I should be able to get it replaced

Reactions: ansa82 and J Dubbs

Borgie

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
i got the email on the 29th. I called and they said they are back logged and to give it 10 business days

Mr17

Sep 27, 2023
Visit site
Fedex scammed again. Returned my exclusive gray color Fold 5, mint condition. Got an unsuccessful return email with a video link which shows a different phone in the package.

My gray Fold 5 is missing and instead they thew in a older Fold in the package. Fedex scammers are getting smart at this lol.

Chatting with Samsung now, to see what are my next steps. I have pictures of packing the phone etc. But hopefully they take care and not have me run around and say follow up with Fedex etc.

There is first time for everything, in my long history of buying devices this is the first time I have to encounter something like this.

Update from Samsung chat:
" I have escalated the issue so that they can rectify it and you will get an update for it within 24 to 48 hours."

Final update (resolved):

Got an email from Samsung. Great of Samsung to take care of the FedEx scam without that much hassle. All I had to do was few minutes chat with customer care yesterday and explain the situation.

“All or part of your order #USXXXXXXX has been returned. You have been refunded $678.83 to your account and will be processed within 1-3 working days.”
Fedex scammed again. Returned my exclusive gray color Fold 5, mint condition. Got an unsuccessful return email with a video link which shows a different phone in the package.

My gray Fold 5 is missing and instead they thew in a older Fold in the package. Fedex scammers are getting smart at this lol.

Chatting with Samsung now, to see what are my next steps. I have pictures of packing the phone etc. But hopefully they take care and not have me run around and say follow up with Fedex etc.

There is first time for everything, in my long history of buying devices this is the first time I have to encounter something like this.

Update from Samsung chat:
" I have escalated the issue so that they can rectify it and you will get an update for it within 24 to 48 hours."

Final update (resolved):

Got an email from Samsung. Great of Samsung to take care of the FedEx scam without that much hassle. All I had to do was few minutes chat with customer care yesterday and explain the situation.

“All or part of your order #USXXXXXXX has been returned. You have been refunded $678.83 to your account and will be processed within 1-3 working days.”
This just happened to me, I returned two items on the same box, the Fold5 and the Buds2Pro. Somehow they received the Buds but then in a separate email said they receive an empty box for the Fold5, which again both were shipped in the same box..... I'm hating Fedex right now, package took weeks to arrive to Samsung and I knew something wasn't right and it sat there with no movement for awhile, smh 😡😡😡

• Wow
Reactions: J Dubbs

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
This just happened to me, I returned two items on the same box, the Fold5 and the Buds2Pro. Somehow they received the Buds but then in a separate email said they receive an empty box for the Fold5, which again both were shipped in the same box..... I'm hating Fedex right now, package took weeks to arrive to Samsung and I knew something wasn't right and it sat there with no movement for awhile, smh
Sorry to hear that

Hopefully they take care of you, it was pretty straight forward for me. I did a chat with customer service, they escalated it and got an email next day that my return is good to go and was refunded full amount.

I only hope they bricked the Fold 5 so that who ever stole will be left with a paper weight.

Mr17

Sep 27, 2023
Visit site
Sorry to hear that

Hopefully they take care of you, it was pretty straight forward for me. I did a chat with customer service, they escalated it and got an email next day that my return is good to go and was refunded full amount.

I only hope they bricked the Fold 5 so that who ever stole will be left with a paper weight.
I've been dealing with them for 3 days now. One person on chat says their fix it and I'll get the refund then a few hours later I get an email by Samsung saying the refund can't be process because the box arrived empty. 3rd time I've talk, actually called in to get this fix and they say that they will refund this time. Waiting........

• Wow

Annie_M

Trusted Member
Jan 18, 2017
Visit site
And I have been shipping/receiving phones for over a decade now, so eventually I was due for a horrible experience :(

Keeping my fingers crossed that Samsung will do right. They have to stop using Fedex Ground for returns, at least use Fedex Express. Most scams happen in Fedex Ground Warehouses in transit.

Whoever at the Fedex Warehouse stole my Fold 5 exclusive gray version might be having the time of his/her life thinking of winning the jackpot. Surprising they threw in some old Fold in the Fedex package which makes me think this is a well thought out operation. May be to make sure the weight doesn't change? Since they could have put in any old crap phone instead of another older gen Fold.

Hopefully, Samsung blacklists this phone and it's a paperweight.
I hate FedEx. We're dealing with a (non-phone) issue right now, and so this really strikes a nerve with me. I hope it works out for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174