Fedex does it again !! Scammed return Fold 5

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Got an email from Samsung. Great of Samsung to take care of the FedEx scam without that much hassle. All I had to do was few minutes chat with customer care yesterday and explain the situation.

“All or part of your order #USXXXXXXX has been returned. You have been refunded $678.83 to your account and will be processed within 1-3 working days.”
I've noticed that if you tell them you have video of the box up and phone condition, power up and reset, they usually say "aww we don't need that you're good to go".

In fact I don't think I've ever seen anyone have to send their video proof in, just saying you have it seems to magically fix everything 😉 Things that make you go hmmm...

jhnnyblze2000

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
If anything I'd rather be in the situation I'm in. If it gets lost they can't say I sent the wrong thing or didn't send it. This happened with my watch 4 when I got the 5 pro. FedEx lost the package and Samsung didn't even contact me for payment or anything.

Reactions: J Dubbs

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
I don't know why Samsung hasn't cleaned up this mess and fiasco with tradeins ..happy it got resolved but you shouldn't have to run thru hoops

Borgie

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Well they used to be sent to Ingram Micro, but I noticed the last few times its been someone else. Wonder if thats an issue

Borgie

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I think FEDex might be getting ready to consider mine lost. Asking me about the box, the label, contents, (model, RAM, Storage, color, value, IEMI number) etc...

• Sad

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
No I called and emailed to ask WTF and they got back to me saying they are looking for it and wanted info about the package and contents
Let them know anything happens to your package they will be held accountable and not resolved will act with police theft investigation

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Check your tracking. Mine is out for delivery . Hopefully they arrive not tampered with and everything goes smoothly from here on out.
My watch trade-in has been sitting in Hutchins, TX, for 7 days (since the 22nd). Today (29th) it finally arrived in Irving, TX. & is on the truck for delivery. My Husband's watch trade-in was sent at the same time as mine but was delivered six days ago (23rd). It's not approved yet unfortunately.

🤞Here's hoping we all get through this.
For me, I'm not sure the trade-in process is worth this much stress. It used to be so straightforward.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
My watch trade-in has been sitting in Hutchins, TX, for 7 days (since the 22nd). Today (29th) it finally arrived in Irving, TX. & is on the truck for delivery. My Husband's watch trade-in was sent at the same time as mine but was delivered six days ago (23rd). It's not approved yet unfortunately.

🤞Here's hoping we all get through this.
For me, I'm not sure the trade-in process is worth this much stress. It used to be so straightforward.
Best Buy was undercutting Samsung's trade-ins by only $100... I think a hundred bucks would be money well spent to avoid the stress of shipping stuff to Samsung in this new covid era crime spree 👍

TheAngryToaster

Sep 14, 2020
Visit site
Pretty sure my trade in was stolen. 2 hours I dropped it off, they had to replace the label. Which tells me they opened the box. The only way my sealed label gets damaged in a 2 hour window is the box got opened.

I already called Samsung and reported suspicious activity. The shipping label was tampered with and it was out for delivery in the wrong city for over 24 hours.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Pretty sure my trade in was stolen. 2 hours I dropped it off, they had to replace the label. Which tells me they opened the box. The only way my sealed label gets damaged in a 2 hour window is the box got opened.

I already called Samsung and reported suspicious activity. The shipping label was tampered with and it was out for delivery in the wrong city for over 24 hours.
Yeah my Fold 5 was stolen with the shipping label replaced tracking. They tampered in the Troutdale, OR FedEx ground warehouse for me. I suspected that something wasn't right. And behold when I saw the return inspection video that phone was stolen.

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Yeah my Fold 5 was stolen with the shipping label replaced tracking. They tampered in the Troutdale, OR FedEx ground warehouse for me. I suspected that something wasn't right. And behold when I saw the return inspection video that phone was stolen.
It's unfortunate we have scumbags out there even at the professional level such as FedEx or UPS and Amazon.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Best Buy was undercutting Samsung's trade-ins by only $100... I think a hundred bucks would be money well spent to avoid the stress of shipping stuff to Samsung in this new covid era crime spree 👍
Definitely! My husband traded in his Samsung s9+ for a Samsung s10+ during its pre-order period & it was a smooth process. Seems like a lifetime ago... (3/2019)
😆
If I decide to get a s24 series, I'll probably do so through Best Buy & trade-in my s22 Ultra. I have my Note 20U as a backup. It still out performs my s22U.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174