Some very disappointing Samsung software

GJT

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
It may be my failngs and if so, please show me what I have missed but Samsung's "Contacts" and Kies have combined to disappoint me imensely.
I have only had the tablet for a week or so and I am trying to make sure I understand it well.
In contacts, it appears that I can only file by given name or family name. How useless is that? Most of my contacts are businesses and I may deal with several people there. People also move on. Not having the choice of how to file each contact is really sloppy or lazy, cheapskate programming. Very unsophisticated.
Secondly Kies has failed, in some cases to copy Post Codes from Outlook to the tablet. (In this example my sister's). Other contacts have the postcode copied across. -:confused: It has, on another entry, misplaced the order of an address, so that the village name comes after the postal town name. :mad: Very poor stuff.

Ther appears to be another annoyance, but I will test the sync again before sounding off because I want to see whether this is a user issue (unfamiliarity) or a "software not designed for what I need" issue.

pistos

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Sorry you are not happy. I gave up on Microsoft Outlook a long time ago and moved everything to Gmail/GoogleApps. Best thing I ever did. I don't have to "sync" at all now. Everything is kept sync'ed automatically all of the time between my phone, my tab, my desktop, my laptop and there are no wires. And the cost of the Google software? Free. ;-)

I'm not sure what your needs are, but it might be worth it for you to consider an alternative to Outlook.

GJT

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi Pistos
Thanks for the reply (it's always nice to get some response) but in my opinion you are missing the point. Using Google should be unneccesary.

Samsung (or one of their contractors has written some software to sync with Outlook.
It doesn't work properly (scrambled data, lost details).
That's it.

Outlook certainly existed well before any smartphone, so any add-in bit of software should function fully and correctly with it.