Help me Obi Won... HARD Bricked! You're my only hope

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
So I just recently got a Droid, super excited about it. Dove head first learning all I could about rooting, custom ROM's and app development etc. etc. Had My VM Galaxy Victory 4G lte rooted and running the red spot kernel no problem. Then, I guess I got cocky... I installed a ROM that was 'supposed' to be compatible. I followed the advice of backing up with CWM and TWERP. Everything went fine til the ROM was flashed...

Now its hard bricked. No recovery mode. No download mode. Odin won't even recognize it anymore, and neither will my computer (WinXP). and I've tried dozens of different drivers and configurations. No combinations of buttons I can press change anything either.

There is One sign of life. When I plug it into my computer via USB without the battery, a small red indicator light will turn on, and the computer will recognize a new hardware device, for a minute at least... No matter the combination of buttons I hold down, all signs of life are gone well before I can get the battery back in.

To make matters worse, my first attempt at using developmental tools hasn't changed anything.

Any Advice? Please? Please don't say its a lost cause. There must be some way. Even a factory reset would be A-Ok with me.

squabbi

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
So I just recently got a Droid, super excited about it. Dove head first learning all I could about rooting, custom ROM's and app development etc. etc. Had My VM Galaxy Victory 4G lte rooted and running the red spot kernel no problem. Then, I guess I got cocky... I installed a ROM that was 'supposed' to be compatible. I followed the advice of backing up with CWM and TWERP. Everything went fine til the ROM was flashed...

Now its hard bricked. No recovery mode. No download mode. Odin won't even recognize it anymore, and neither will my computer (WinXP). and I've tried dozens of different drivers and configurations. No combinations of buttons I can press change anything either.

There is One sign of life. When I plug it into my computer via USB without the battery, a small red indicator light will turn on, and the computer will recognize a new hardware device, for a minute at least... No matter the combination of buttons I hold down, all signs of life are gone well before I can get the battery back in.

To make matters worse, my first attempt at using developmental tools hasn't changed anything.

Any Advice? Please? Please don't say its a lost cause. There must be some way. Even a factory reset would be A-Ok with me.

Hey there, have you tried to go into recovery mode with the battery taken out?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Agree on the battery part. Try removing your battery and leaving it out then connect your device via USB and see if it will respond to place it into Download mode to use Odin.

Posted via Android Central App

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Agree on the battery part. Try removing your battery and leaving it out then connect your device via USB and see if it will respond to place it into Download mode to use Odin.

Posted via Android Central App

I have tried the removing battery method a bunch of times. I think it must be a driver issue because neither Odin or androidSDK will recognize the device correctly, but I do get a prompt saying that "A" device has been connected. I've browsed every forum on this topic. And I am desperately out of ideas.

squabbi

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
I have tried the removing battery method a bunch of times. I think it must be a driver issue because neither Odin or androidSDK will recognize the device correctly, but I do get a prompt saying that "A" device has been connected. I've browsed every forum on this topic. And I am desperately out of ideas.

Uninstall drivers and remove any android related drivers as well using something called USBDeview' then remove the ones that are related to android and Samsung.

Then install the drivers again via the Samsung USB drivers.

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Uninstall drivers and remove any android related drivers as well using something called USBDeview' then remove the ones that are related to android and Samsung.

Then install the drivers again via the Samsung USB drivers.

So even when I use USBdeview to remove all the android and samsung drivers and try and re-install them, it says that the drivers are already installed... So it is a driver related computer issue? Could i just try it on an other computer?

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
So even when I use USBdeview to remove all the android and samsung drivers and try and re-install them, it says that the drivers are already installed... So it is a driver related computer issue? Could i just try it on an other computer?

Tried the whole process on another computer. No matter what I do, I can not get either computer to recognize the phone. In the device manager, there is a error saying that the "device will not start"
That means im screwed, right?

NotSoBrown

May 10, 2014
Visit site
Tried the whole process on another computer. No matter what I do, I can not get either computer to recognize the phone. In the device manager, there is a error saying that the "device will not start"
That means im screwed, right?
yup... sadly no one pays attention to this phone anymore... twrp ruined my phone... $160 paperweight... too bad the thing is too light to hold them papers down.. :/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress