Samsung Victory dead while using LED flashlight app

H in OH

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

I was using my Samsung Galaxy Victory 4G LTE phone with an LED flashlight app while fixing the brakes on my bicycle while I was at work. I only used the flashlight for a few seconds at a time. After a few minutes of working with the bike, the phone was set down on the floor, and just shut off. Nothing hit it. No low power warning, or any sounds. The display simply shut off, and the phone will not turn on or react in any way. I put it on the charger overnight with no change.

This is not the first time I have used the LED flashlight app, and not the longest that it has been used without draining the battery.

Voltage on the battery measures 3.42V on my meter. Is it possible that a chip on the battery fried from the LED flashlight current draw even though the battery has good voltage? Is there a way to check if that is the problem?

BTW, I already checked for the possibility of the infamous stuck power button that comes up on Internet searches of this phone. That is not the issue here. The power button shows connectivity just fine when pressed and open when not pressed.

Thanks,
---H