screen protector

buff69

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi do you use a screen protector on your smartwatch's I do but just seen a Samsung how to guide and they say don't use a screen protector ?? Don't know if I should take it off ?? What do you think?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi do you use a screen protector on your smartwatch's I do but just seen a Samsung how to guide and they say don't use a screen protector ?? Don't know if I should take it off ?? What do you think?
I think this is the same as screen protectors on mobile phones - it's all preference and there really is no right or wrong answer. If it suits you and there's no issue with visibility, then keep it. Otherwise, if you feel it's not necessary then remove it.

NoFaQ

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I am currently using the Skinomi screen protector on my Gear 2 Neo. I have experienced no issues in regards to performance. I haven't noticed a single touch not recognized.

That being said, I'm not totally sold if I want it on, or not. After about a week, it is developing some type of weird texture into the protector that I can only describe as "wormlike" lines underneath it. Unless you are in direct light, you don't see them. And, again, it doesn't affect the performance of the watch, but I can feel them as I slide my finger over it.

I'm going to change out the protector tonight and give a second one a shot, but if this one doesn't fair better, I may not use one.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I am currently using the Skinomi screen protector on my Gear 2 Neo. I have experienced no issues in regards to performance. I haven't noticed a single touch not recognized.

That being said, I'm not totally sold if I want it on, or not. After about a week, it is developing some type of weird texture into the protector that I can only describe as "wormlike" lines underneath it. Unless you are in direct light, you don't see them. And, again, it doesn't affect the performance of the watch, but I can feel them as I slide my finger over it.

I'm going to change out the protector tonight and give a second one a shot, but if this one doesn't fair better, I may not use one.

we have the same issue with wormlike lines (great description, btw!!) with our Armoursuit shields. Not only that, but one day weeks after application my wife's shield had a bunch of tiny bubbles on the top 1/3 of the screen. I'm not to crazy about the shields. :)

NoFaQ

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
we have the same issue with wormlike lines (great description, btw!!) with our Armoursuit shields. Not only that, but one day weeks after application my wife's shield had a bunch of tiny bubbles on the top 1/3 of the screen. I'm not to crazy about the shields. :)

I have no idea if this is accurate or not, but it almost appears that, after application, the protector tightens up somehow and has caused the wormlike lines. I seem to feel that I see a greater amoung of actual screen exposed on my left and bottom sides of the watch, versus when I applied it.

Kishony

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
I've ordered one from Ebay. Got a gear1 instead of the one I ordered. So for now only 3/4 quarter's of the watch is protected. Waiting for the seller to send me a new one. If you order one from the Internet make sure they will get that you need one for gear 2

Sent from my SM-N9005 using AC Forums mobile app

NoFaQ

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I've ordered one from Ebay. Got a gear1 instead of the one I ordered. So for now only 3/4 quarter's of the watch is protected. Waiting for the seller to send me a new one. If you order one from the Internet make sure they will get that you need one for gear 2

Sent from my SM-N9005 using AC Forums mobile app

Thanks for the heads up, to anyone else ordering from Ebay. I did order from Amazon, and did get the Gear 2. I can say that you will be happy with the size of the protector, once you get the correct one.

buff69

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I use a spigen protector and yes it also has a worm like appearance but still smooth to the touch I think I'll keep it on for now but if it shrinks, starts to look bad or starts to feel bad it's coming straight off. This is a good bit of kit (neo) so I want it looking good and not let down by the screen protector.
Now just going to look for a nice strap lol

dusty78

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I wish they made tempered glass or the non-rubbery style screen protector for these. The class scratches easily and the screen protectors out there are all the same crappy worm kind.

Posted via Android Central App

NoFaQ

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site

LowIQ

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
like it is with phone screen protectors I suspect the hard crystal types are the best as that is what I've had on my phone for over a year without a problem, the Skinomi isn't perfect but is much better to put on than the iSmooth as I ruined two out of three trying to get it to work, when I finaly did it came out better than the Skinomi but be ready to sacrifice one or two in the process, and I'm no virgin to this as I've put on about 50 of them from tablets, phones, uncles, aunts, sisters, brothers nephews and nieces... :eek: Man I got to get a smaller family LOL!

buff69

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Hard crystal types? Can you give me a name so I can have a look please they sound good hopefully our smartwatch's will get them soon

LowIQ

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Personally I prefer the Hard Crystal types once you figure out how to install them, I have it on my Samsung Galaxy Note II and works very well and you would be hard pressed to tell it is on the phone and it does not fail so much at high angles of viewing as the other types do?, but they are a little more expensive and can be sometimes less forgiving to mistakes in applying them to screen, as far as I know... There are none so far for Gear Neo products as I have searched on Amazon, but they might be available elsewhere, I like Amazon because if I have a problem I get a replacement or money discount back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress