Turning on phone using svoice from watch?

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Sorry I should've been more clear. I want to turn on my phone from the watch. Can this be done?

Posted via Android Central App
Maybe semantics here... I believe 1812dave, and most others, are assuming that you want your Gear 2 to "power up" your turned off phone. This cannot be done, as there is no connection to the phone if it is not powered on.
Most(?) people define:
--Turn on = Power up from an off state
--Wake = wake from from standby state, usually just to lock screen
--Wake/unlock or Unlock = Put phone on home-screen (Unlock does NOT always refer to having an security code, ie. swipe to unlock)
Which are you asking about?

I swear I got AppLauncher to unlock my phone a couple of times when I first got the app, but have been unable to replicate since the first day.

anon154738

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site

Maybe semantics here... I believe 1812dave, and most others, are assuming that you want your Gear 2 to "power up" your turned off phone. This cannot be done, as there is no connection to the phone if it is not powered on.
Most(?) people define:
--Wake/unlock or Unlock = Put phone on home-screen (Unlock does NOT always refer to having an security code, ie. swipe to unlock)

I swear I got AppLauncher to unlock my phone a couple of times when I first got the app, but have been unable to replicate since the first day.

Ok thanks. I'm totally with you on applauncher! I swear I was able to do this using applauncher and Tasker, but all my attempts have failed since.

Posted via Android Central App

NoFaQ

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site

Most(?) people define:

Pebble Locker works great, and can be configured to unlock your phone based on any connection to selected BT devices or WiFi connections.

Edit: Link to Pebble Locker. https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...?id=com.lukekorth.pebblelocker&token=e6nc-i1o

Last edited:

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
The Gear Manager already gives the option to activate/deactivate pattern lock. Pebble Locker may give more options.

It seems the OP was looking to either turn on from a powered off state, or wake and unlock via an app on the watch. Pebble Locker and the built in one in GM only change whether or not you need to enter some sort password after one physically wakes the phone. AFAIK, neither will wake and unlock via connection, and neither will turn the phone on from an off state.

NoFaQ

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
The Gear Manager already gives the option to activate/deactivate pattern lock. Pebble Locker may give more options.

It seems the OP was looking to either turn on from a powered off state, or wake and unlock via an app on the watch. Pebble Locker and the built in one in GM only change whether or not you need to enter some sort password after one physically wakes the phone. AFAIK, neither will wake and unlock via connection, and neither will turn the phone on from an off state.

Misunderstood. Ah, well I was never able to get that to work from the GM, and I didn't realize I was a minority.

I've not seen anything that can wake and unlock to a homescreen, just from a function within an app on the watch itself; email, IM, etc.

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
My GM lock works well. Slight delay, but not a big deal. And you never know, I could be the minority who it works for... :)

I'm just glad someone else was able to wake/unlock at some point with AppLauncher. I was positive I could at one point, then started doubting myself......
I even emailed the dev, with no response...