Why won' the Weather update on my Gear 2?

prubin

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Weather won't update on Gear 2

Weather and Weather Channel will not update on my watch -- Gear 2, Note 3, Verizon.

NoFaQ

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
re: Weather won't update on Gear 2

Weather and Weather Channel will not update on my watch -- Gear 2, Note 3, Verizon.

For the Weather app, you have to go into the phone settings for Weather, and make sure the auto-refresh is set to something.

I don't use Weather Channel app, so I don't know that issue, but it should be the same and make sure that there's an auto-update timeframe.

prubin

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
re: Weather won't update on Gear 2

Figured it out myself -- the native weather widget has to be active on the phone for the weather to update on the watch.

indyfsufan

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: Weather won't update on Gear 2

This may be a stupid question but I have the S4 and thought I had it active. Could someone post a pic of it for me.

Last edited:

NoFaQ

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site

This may be a stupid question but I have the S4 and thought I had it active. Could someone post a pic of it for me.

Go to your Settings->Device->Lock Screen->Clock Widget Options->Weather->Auto-Refresh. Make sure Auto refresh is set to something other than "None".

Retro Jecca

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site

I am having this problem with "the weather channel" app on mt gear neo 2. I didn't have a problem with it ever before and now the app simply will not update the weather when i refresh it. I must have changed a setting. I have the galaxy s4. Any ideas? I tried the note settings previously listed but they didn't match galaxy.

Posted via the Android Central App

indyfsufan

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site

I went in to a Best Buy store where I am from and had the Samsung people look over my watch and phone and couldn't figure out how to get it to work. When I go to my apps on Gear manager then drop down to the weather app and try to click on the gear/setting icon nothing happens as if it has been disabled. They did give me a number to call but haven't had a chance to call

Woo344

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
If you shut location servvices off, I have had the same issue. Turn location services on and see it it syncs again. I use the Accu Weather default weather app that came on my Gear2. Good luck!