Why do emails deleted on my phone or Outlook don't delete on the Gear S?

kennyrosen

May 5, 2015
Visit site
Emails deleted on my phone or outlook don't delete on the Gear S

I'm so glad I found this group. I have had my Gear S for a couple of weeks now, one thing is bothering me. When I delete an email on my phone or in Outlook, that doesn't sync and delete the email on my Gear S. I called Samsung and the techs I spoke to don't understand the product and couldn't tell me if that is the way it is supposed to work. If this is the way the device is suppose to work, then how many emails will the Gear S hold or is their a limit on the amount of days it will store? My Gear is running software version AOA4 (Verizon) .

thanks
Ken

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: Emails deleted on my phone or outlook don't delete on the Gear S

That is one of the annoyance of Gear S. What you see on your Gear S is just notifications, not actual emails. As such, there is no sync of any kind (other than mark read) between phone and watch. You can't delete the notifications on watch from phone and you can't delete emails on the phone from watch either (with the exception of Gmail).

Worst is you actually have to go a another step to delete these notifications from watch after you dismissed them.

You are not missing anything. This is how Samsung designed it to be.

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site

There is a work around.
Gear S Notification Extender app on the Play Store.
Once you install it you use it for your notifications and uncheck all ,except GNE, on the Gear app.
It does what you're looking for and much more.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

kennyrosen

May 5, 2015
Visit site

Now I am thoroughly confused. Why do you say they are not actual emails? I can see them on my Gear S, read the full email, reply and delete them on my watch.

I did install the Gear S Notification Extender app suggested by mountainbikermark. now I get notifications and not the email txt as I did with the email app on the gear. They just pop up on a notification screen that is different then the email app on the gear. Is there a way to bring back the notifications screen after it times out and goes away?

I just sent myself 6 emails, the 4 didn't go to my Gear S the last two did. What's the problem with this?

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

The notification contains most, but not all, contents of the email body. But they are not the same thing as emails. The watch contains zero logic to go fetch emails by itself. Everything is dependent on the phone to send notifications to the watch. So, there is really no way to sync the notifications with deleted emails. To sync with the deleted email on your account, the watch either has to have its own email client or has to communicate with the email app on phone to see if the emails are already deleted. Neither is implemented today.

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site

Now I am thoroughly confused. Why do you say they are not actual emails? I can see them on my Gear S, read the full email, reply and delete them on my watch.

I did install the Gear S Notification Extender app suggested by mountainbikermark. now I get notifications and not the email txt as I did with the email app on the gear. They just pop up on a notification screen that is different then the email app on the gear. Is there a way to bring back the notifications screen after it times out and goes away?

I just sent myself 6 emails, the 4 didn't go to my Gear S the last two did. What's the problem with this?
To get full email make sure this is checked in Gear Notification Settings (GNE)
4ba74f5ffc9728dca2e69654292da09b.jpg

To have notification go away on its own when deleting on the phone check these in GNE
719f1cf552a6b5abaa0f01b74952f02b.jpg

As far as notifications you'll get a synopsis at first
0a320fce205bebe6c44ecba4eeabd95c.jpg
. Go to notification panel and tap GNE to expand notifications
e3df251fd313926aba022d14612557fe.jpg

Tap the one you want to open up.
2e794613e9a2e8e36f4787c98d5ae696.jpg

To get rid of media on phone without using phone when you scroll to bottom of email tap the icons on lower right
82ae1f0cc8fd176285faf452295e7c9f.jpg

You'll see options
5c3469c84d977e82df9a1a2696eef61d.jpg
unless you've checked notification on the phone. At that point you'll only get option to dismiss if you haven't done what I suggested at the top of this post. If you checked the boxes suggested they disappear on their own.
As far as not getting notices, did you close the app just after sending? It won't send a notification about apps that it things are being used at the moment.
Hope that helps.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

kennyrosen

May 5, 2015
Visit site

The notification contains most, but not all, contents of the email body. But they are not the same thing as emails. The watch contains zero logic to go fetch emails by itself. Everything is dependent on the phone to send notifications to the watch. So, there is really no way to sync the notifications with deleted emails. To sync with the deleted email on your account, the watch either has to have its own email client or has to communicate with the email app on phone to see if the emails are already deleted. Neither is implemented today.

Sorry to be so ignorant about all of this. I see now that I get notifications, which is a right swipe from the clock screen. I now have two notifications GNE and Email. That make sense now that I have GNE running along with Email. I also have an email app that also shows the full text of the email.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87