Gear S - HELP!!!!

Mark Brown19

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
I purchase my Gear S a week ago and couldn't wait to use it. Set it up no problem and it worked fine for 24hrs. The all of a sudden the screen became un responsive and began to cycle through screens without me being able to control it. Sent it back and got a replacement. This one worked for 2 hrs and off it went again locking me out and the battery became really hot. I have tried switching it on and off and doing a reboot but nothing works. I will try and attach a video of what its doing. I have a Note 3 running on lollipop. Any ideas???

c3dad

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
mine started doing this also, you ever get any answers as to what was going on? I usually try to leave mine off for a while (about 10 mins) and then turn it back on and if it is still doing it I let it sit for a while and it stopped. I called Samsung and they said to try to get it to a Best Buy so they can "reflash" the watch.

idanny76

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I purchase my Gear S a week ago and couldn't wait to use it. Set it up no problem and it worked fine for 24hrs. The all of a sudden the screen became un responsive and began to cycle through screens without me being able to control it. Sent it back and got a replacement. This one worked for 2 hrs and off it went again locking me out and the battery became really hot. I have tried switching it on and off and doing a reboot but nothing works. I will try and attach a video of what its doing. I have a Note 3 running on lollipop. Any ideas???

Did you ever get this issue resolved? My Gear S is doing the same, just cycles constantly and get warm. I thought it was an app that I installed, but it happened again. One way to stop the problem is by factory reset or flashing the Tizen OS. I have flashed the Gear S with ODIN to the new Tizen OS version R750AUCU1AOB1 and it may last for a couple of days and it goes back to the cycles. I am not sure if its the new update Tizen version. I have an AT&T Gear S and I notice this issue with the new version. I am going to flash to the previous version R750AUCU1ANJ7 and see if the problem stops. If anyone knows what is causing the problems, please let me know. My other guess would be that the watch is defective.

zenielon

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
My "solution" is to get into settings -> reset gear and then connect again. There's a moment when gear s responds for about 2-3s on this weird loop. In this time you have to do this.

idanny76

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
My "solution" is to get into settings -> reset gear and then connect again. There's a moment when gear s responds for about 2-3s on this weird loop. In this time you have to do this.

I am currently trying the old Tizen version and no problems so far. I am going to test it all week and see if the issue is gone. I believe the problem could be with ATT update R750AUCU1AOB1. Will reply back with an update to see if the old version fixed the cycle.

ahagrass

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
i think i Solved it.. just update your watch with RoM which is R750XXU1BOC1 for UK region (BTU) You Can Find it in SAMMOBILE.com in firmware section . it is not my region as i am from middle east Egypt but it worked and no more screen on or off any more.

I hope to continue to be Ok in the coming days ;)

moody1940

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Had my GS since February and no issues but I brought my GF one in Maryland last wk and she's having the same problems. Took it back to a bestbuy in Virginia and that one is doing the same thing. Must be a software issue.

Solution: I took it back today for a refund. No one seems to know what the problem is, very disappointed.

Posted via the Android Central App

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Sounds a lot like the same issue on Gear Fit which occurred to many unfortunate owners for a year or so now. The only solution there is to get warranty replacement. It is probably the same for Gear S as well. Samsung never issued any firmware update to fix the problem for Gear Fit. So, don't hold your breath for one for Gear S. IIRC, the problem is a corrupted boot-loader or OS itself.

idanny76

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I was able to fix the issue by switching from Tizen OS version R750AUCU1AOB1 to the previous version R750AUCU1ANJ7. Since then, I have not had any problems with the watch. Its been a couple of weeks without any issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez