Neo 2 or the Gear S2

Frozen Corpse

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm having a hard time deciding to purchase the Gear S2. I've been using the Neo 2 for over a year now. I'd like to change my watch for a more improved smart watch.

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 (32 gigs+white) running on T-Mobile.

prubin

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Apparently the S2 does not have a speaker and so you cannot have a conversation on the S2. Also lacks a camera unlike the Gear 2. It may look better but seems to lack basic important functionality.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Apparently the S2 does not have a speaker and so you cannot have a conversation on the S2. Also lacks a camera unlike the Gear 2. It may look better but seems to lack basic important functionality.

This is what I'm getting to, from all the people who have bought one. Seems a few steps backwards... I'm disappointed, but I guess I'll just wait for the 5th or 6th generation smartwatch.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

me23brown

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
Well actually none of us should be surprised. While I've been using Samsungs devices for awhile you can clearly see with their products this year the focus has been more on form than function this time. While they all still provide a lot of functionality it seems like the majority of their products have lost at least some of the functionality of previous devices.