Samsung Gear S2 3G (Verizon) Web Browser?

A

AC Question

Is there a way to connect to the internet on this device? I have been very satisfied with the Gear S (1) with only small complaints around the battery life and inability to connect to secured wifi (my gym makes you connect and pops up a security page to accept and I cannot). I was really excited for the new version, S2, but am really take aback by the absence of a web browser! ! ?? ! !

I have seen some debates on the importance of having the internet... It's standard for any device in 2015 but I will give you my reasons:

(1) At the gym I run/shoot basketball/lift with only my gear and often check random things on the internet (fantasy sports/sports scores/news I see flash on tv)

(2) When I go to a pool/theater/show I no longer take my cell phone. My watch is waterproof but if I can't connect to the internet on any level it is a major issue.

ravenjim55

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Looks like we have to wait for a 3rd party browser like opera mini to be developed for the Gear S2. Could be awhile.

I need it to access a public wifi at my gym. Without it, you can't get to the web page to authenticate the network. Wifi works fine for password only networks.