Bezel is gone!!

scabsk8s

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Lost the bezel on my s2 classic, one minute it was there the next it was gone... Samsung is a joke!! I contacted customer care & all the person kept saying was "sorry but damage to the watch is not covered under warranty" .. There is no damage other then the bezel missing.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Lost the bezel on my s2 classic, one minute it was there the next it was gone... Samsung is a joke!! I contacted customer care & all the person kept saying was "sorry but damage to the watch is not covered under warranty" .. There is no damage other then the bezel missing.

It's going to be a he said she said in this case. As there isn't a huge amount of people that have experienced this issue with the S2 Classic.
Meaning it's to be assumed that the watch was hit, or dropped which caused the bezel to come loose.
This doesn't make Samsung the worst company ever. If every company replaced parts whether your fault or not they would be out of business.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Samsung, in my opinion, has a lot of work to do on its watches. The faulty charging port broke on my Gear S, which led to my ebay purchase of the S2. I think the app selection on the S2 is terrible and I certainly do not want to be wearing an even larger watch with the S3.

I like having the phone number and I love syncing with SHealth, but I am losing my confidence in Samsung when it comes to its watches.

scabsk8s

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
i have read of several other people having the same issue with the bezel as well as others having different issues with it .. i take care of my electronics & this being a watch & something that is vulnerable the being accidentally banged against anything & everything during everyday use one would think a "reputable " company as samsung would take more time to make a better product & @ least take some kind of interest in taking responsibility in they're faulty product & making it right... guess we'll see what happens after the downfall of the note7 ,the class action lawsuit against the gear s2 & the ongoing battle with apple ,perhaps karma will get the best of them..

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
i have read of several other people having the same issue with the bezel as well as others having different issues with it .. i take care of my electronics & this being a watch & something that is vulnerable the being accidentally banged against anything & everything during everyday use one would think a "reputable " company as samsung would take more time to make a better product & @ least take some kind of interest in taking responsibility in they're faulty product & making it right... guess we'll see what happens after the downfall of the note7 ,the class action lawsuit against the gear s2 & the ongoing battle with apple ,perhaps karma will get the best of them..

To be clear. I am not saying you are at fault or that you did drop or bang it. I am just taking the position of the company.
As for the lawsuit, maybe you can get in on that, as it wasn't JUST for the watch tearing away it was an IN GENERAL defective watch issue due to poor constructions and sub par parts

Smith 001

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
bezel do you mean the back cover.I think Smartwatch is quite fragile and you should keep it well.
I also heard someone broke their back cover while mine is as well as the original one.
My watch is not Gear wear,but I think it is the same thing.Samsung is doing a lot to save the note 7,don't keep blaming them.

Bob31464

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I just got a Gear S2 second hand, albeit in flawless condition, so...should I be worried?

No, I've had mine since Feb. and it works and looks as good as it did when I got it. Btw, I wear it everyday and get a lot of notifications on it, mine is the BT only version.

Hudsoner

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
What in the world has Samsung's defective Note 7 to do with a possibly defective smart watch?
and no, they don't do a lot to solve the problem, they should have recalled the Note 7 the first time around and should have analyzed the problem into depth. But they did not, and now they have their feet even deeper in the doo doo!

Hudsoner

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
No, I've had mine since Feb. and it works and looks as good as it did when I got it. Btw, I wear it everyday and get a lot of notifications on it, mine is the BT only version.
Same here. I have mine since May, and wear it every day, and am pretty rough on it!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrLegend