Samsung pay on watch

optimummind

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
An annoying one. A temp worker at Costco freaked out after I paid with my watch & the receipt began to print out. She thought I hacked Costco & called a manager over who also was bewildered by Samsung Pay. In the end, they let me leave but it was kind of annoying.

Scott Currence

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I live in rural West Virginia where people are afraid of anything different. I thought I would get denied at every turn and transaction. I have never been denied and some places thought it was very cool and innovative. And I've spread the word about other types of payment systems and my area is, to my surprise, very open to change.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
An annoying one. A temp worker at Costco freaked out after I paid with my watch & the receipt began to print out. She thought I hacked Costco & called a manager over who also was bewildered by Samsung Pay. In the end, they let me leave but it was kind of annoying.

Lol! Neanderthals.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
At Kwik Shop. I normally use Samsung pay with my phone. I used my S3 today, and the guy said "What? you can do that with your phone now to?" I said yep told him what watch it was, he thought it was cool.

Kirk Maluo

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I don't see the point of using it at Costco since your card is already out. Or are you paying with a different card?

keno101

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
That would annoy the hell out of me

Kirk Maluo

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I just give them my membership card. I don't take out the Costco visa card.
Ah, the executive membership card is the visa card for the me. I've tried figuring out a way to go completely walletless at Costco, but their policy is that you need the actual membership card.

optimummind

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Ah, the executive membership card is the visa card for the me. I've tried figuring out a way to go completely walletless at Costco, but their policy is that you need the actual membership card.

Same for me but I like using Samsung Pay as much as possible. 😊 I'm gathering reward points for some gift cards.

krisguy

VR Expert
Sep 29, 2010
Visit site

I've done that with all my smartwatches and people freak out all the time here. They get the phone NFC payments, but seeing my S2 do it still makes people go freaky!

fkpalm

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Felt like I was in a Samsung commercial yesterday. Went with my Grandkids to a small icecream parlor and I used my watch. The cashier told me it would not work called over the two other workers and they looked at each other they were surprised it worked and I Saw the look on there face.

dmoney98

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I went to an nice restaurant last night for take out. I was paying for my order and i clicked on "Samsung Pay" and the credit card on the S3 and the watch starts to vibrate. I start moving the watch across the "swiper machine" and nothing is happening. The cashier says "No,No,No, that won't work". I say "Is this the machine you use to swipe credit cards". she says "Yes", and then enters the transaction into the machine. I swipe again, and the machine says "Transaction Processing", and starts to print the receipt. I look at her and her assistance's' faces and they are in AWE!!! I FELT LIKE THE BOSS !!!! LOL

All of this with the Gear S3 connected to a LG G3.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

LOL! Now they know. You were a trailblazer!

Paul Paradis

May 26, 2014
Visit site
It's funny watching everyone stop, and stare when I'm using my watch to pay at work. Inevitably there's one moron that tries to tell me it doesn't work. It shuts them up quick when it works like a charm.

CHRISALLEN3285

May 24, 2016
Visit site
This watch is trash. I can't even get Samsung Pay to work on it. Everytime I call Samsung about this issue they are just sending me in circles. I have verified my card about 20 times today and when I bring up Samsung Pay on the watch I'm getting a verify card screen. I cannot get past this screen. I'm ready to give up and get my money back.

Last edited:

Kirk Maluo

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
This watch is trash. I can't even get Samsung Pay to work on it. Everytime I call Samsung about this issue they are just sending me in circles. I have verified my card about 20 times today and when I bring up Samsung Pay on the watch I'm getting a verify card screen. I cannot get past this screen. I'm ready to give up and get my money back.
Sorry you're missing out on the party, but this watch rocks. The Domino's girl tonight goes "So you're the guy that pays with his watch!" I guess word got around the store. Lol.

CHRISALLEN3285

May 24, 2016
Visit site
Sorry you're missing out on the party, but this watch rocks. The Domino's girl tonight goes "So you're the guy that pays with his watch!" I guess word got around the store. Lol.

I'm not missing out. I have the watch. I just can't use Samsung Pay on the watch for whatever reason.

Bob31464

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site

The watch is great. I'm sorry it's not working for you. I can't use it either because no banks around here have it available but I still wear it and use it everyday.